SI: College Football Leaders moving to cancel season

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Do you think though by not having football any of these kids will be at a reduced risk of COVID? I doubt it. They aren't going to stay home in their closets.

The Prez's are afraid of liability and unionization of players with this as the trigger.

Do you blame presidents for being afraid of liability? We live in a country that when anything bad happens you look for the person with the deepest pockets to sue.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Large gatherings such as concerts and fans at live sporting events are currently locked down, which I think is appropriate. Most other businesses were previously locked down, and are not locked down any longer. That was an appropriate adjustment. And what is allowed and what is not allowed should change over time based on level of infection/community spread in an area and what we learn about what types of activities spread the virus the most.

Isn't Adventureland open? How are they handling that?

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Do you blame presidents for being afraid of liability? We live in a country that when anything bad happens you look for the person with the deepest pockets to sue.

No. Obviously the loss in revenue was the lesser weight on the scale now.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

We have to reopen because economics!

also:

How dare CFB shut down because of economics!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All the sudden outrage is comical.

Everyone should have seen this day coming for several months now. If anyone was really serious about wanting football this fall, we would have all done what was needed for it to have any chance of it happening. As a country we couldn’t hack it or refused to believe it was a serious issue. So here we are.

Don’t act shocked, surprised, or have some kind of faux outrage now. If you didn’t see this day coming.... I have nothing for you.

Was Joel Klatt begging and pleading with people all spring and summer to do what had to be done for football to have a chance of happening this fall? I sure hope he was.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Everyone should have seen this day coming for several months now. If anyone was really serious about wanting football this fall, we would have all done what was needed for it to have any chance of it happening. As a country we couldn’t hack it or refused to believe it was a serious issue. So here we are.

Don’t act shocked, surprised, or have some kind of faux outrage now. If you didn’t see this day coming.... I have nothing for you.

Was Joel Klatt begging and pleading with people all spring and summer to do what had to be done for football to have a chance of happening this fall? I sure hope he was.

If college football gets canceled before even trying camp it was never going to happen anyway.

To me, the problem here is them being unpaid amateurs. I still think the NFL happens. Same sport, same amount of people. The problem is not being able to justify risk for kids that aren't being paid. That wasn't going to go away.

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020

Spot on. I know some that are outraged today were doing things the right way but the fact is too many were not. This was always the most likely scenario.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If the usa wasn't the world's covid hot spot we absolutely would have had CFB

Personally I don't think it would have been mitigated to a point we play. Again, NFL is likely playing and the COVID risk is identical. What's different? Amateurs vs. pros.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

tenor.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron