Showing crying kids on TV

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Why is a fan crying over that loss anyway? Players and coaches are one thing, but fans really.
Because it's a kid, and kids don't have perspective. A teen or an adult, yeah it's kind of stupid and I don't have a problem with them shown on tv. When it's a college student or an adult I think it's funny.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Did Iowa get these?
They got blank, ripped, left over ribbons.
rolledflowers11.jpg

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Don't want to be shown crying on TV? Don't cry where they are showing it on TV.

Today's society is a bunch of wusses. period. If we are too weak or too politically correct that we have to CENSOR CRYING on TV...ugh...I just can do nothing but SMH.

First, we are talking about a kid. And the kid wasn't there to be on TV, he was there to cheer on his team. Apparently he is the son of the KU SID so he doesn't have you average fan's connection to the game.

And while it is a matter of being caught up in the moment, that moment now lasts for years with the Internet.

I didnt know know that some basic human compassion was wussifying America.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
It would have been one thing if it was a quick look at the crowd or something or if they looked at multiple people. They picked him out and talked about him. They then went back to him repeatedly. It was bad.

This is nothing like giving everyone participation ribbons. It is singling someone out and making fun of them.

TheAntiHawk

Mar 29, 2013
First, we are talking about a kid. And the kid wasn't there to be on TV, he was there to cheer on his team. Apparently he is the son of the KU SID so he doesn't have you average fan's connection to the game.

And while it is a matter of being caught up in the moment, that moment now lasts for years with the Internet.

I didnt know know that some basic human compassion was wussifying America.

I think saying this is going to last for years on the internet is a bit much. Kid might get attention for a week or two, but I doubt it goes beyond that.

TheAntiHawk

Mar 29, 2013
It would have been one thing if it was a quick look at the crowd or something or if they looked at multiple people. They picked him out and talked about him. They then went back to him repeatedly. It was bad.

This is nothing like giving everyone participation ribbons. It is singling someone out and making fun of them.

I disagree with intent to make fun. I think the intent of the producers is to display the passion that fans have and how big of a deal march madness is, and that kids get into it as much as anyone.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I disagree with intent to make fun. I think the intent of the producers is to display the passion that fans have and how big of a deal march madness is, and that kids get into it as much as anyone.
That would be better shown by a variety of people and players not just one kid.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Thank you.

I'm not interested in anyone in the crowd. Period.

This; 1,000 times this.

When I tune in a game as odd as it may seem I tune in to watch a game. Showing the coach, bench, crowd, athletic director, player's fat mother or anything else is fine in stoppages of play but when there is any sort of action on the court I don't want it obscured by their honey shots or stat packages. I get really sick of missing a steal, lay up off of an inbounds play or any other sort of play because the guy in the truck thinks his cuteness is more important than the game.

/Rant

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Lots of crying in this thread. Posters will be traumatized forever since the thread has been immortalized by the internet.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I agree, but still think this is getting way overblown.
If it were an isolated incident I would agree, but it seems they think that doing this type of thing is a good idea. It's one thing to show them upset but it is another to use them because of it.

The Bode Miller thing someone else talked about is a perfect example. You can't tell me no one watched that between the taping and broadcast said maybe we should cut some of that out.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I don't like seeing random people crying in the crowd, no matter who they are. I'd rather see the winners celebrating tbh. It just sorta feels like the people in the truck are like "Hahahahahaha, this team is about to lose, let's rub it in and try to embarrass them now too."

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
If producers really think that, then they're idiots. There's a reason the gif of that Kansas fan crying keeps showing up on here and it isn't because we love his passion.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I don't like seeing random people crying in the crowd, no matter who they are. I'd rather see the winners celebrating tbh. It just sorta feels like the people in the truck are like "Hahahahahaha, this team is about to lose, let's rub it in and try to embarrass them now too."
It's ok tho cuz today it was Kansas