Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Re: Give me one reason...

Probably because he's the best we can afford right now. That doesn't mean he's good, but he's the best we can get I'm afraid.

Who else would want to come to this mess? JP knows he can't afford to fire GMac and go out and get anyone else better to come. It's not a good situation to be in, but he created it for himself, so he's stuck with GMac.

I'll coach ISU basketball for $100,000/year. I guarantee we don't do any worse, it would save the University a TON of $, and it would pay off my student loans quickly. It's a win-win for everyone.

I'm a man of strong integrity, and that's all that's required to be the ISU Men's basketball coach. The team can't do any worse. Why the hell not?

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

because he is a nice guy?

Because we like him for ethics, he signs in state players, he has UNI connections, he is big on the court and does not swear, Mack Brown likes him, he has 150 plays in his book, he can develop big men, and he is good for 15 wins.

Last edited:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Because he's doing things "the right way." :biglaugh:

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless

Because he supports renovating and adding onto Hilton. Everybody knows that better facilities automatically equates into better performance and increased wins.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm with you. People act like Hamilton was our next Jared Homan when in reality he wasn't going to be close to the kind of physical player Homan was. As long as Ham was our starting center we weren't going to be an above average team. This is why I don't get mad about players leaving the program not named Brackins, Gilstrap, Taylor, or Wesley Johnson. I know role players are very important but they key for this program will be landing some like the four I named again. I highly doubt we can do it.

Jared Homan was no Jared Homan in his sophomore year.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

Because he has the best enterance song in college basketball:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QU1nvuxaMA]YouTube - Audioslave - Like A Stone[/ame]

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Yes, everyone's very clever. Let's try and bring this back on-topic, please. Thanks.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I would be willing to bet Colvin is keeping a close eye on the DePaul coaching search.

Perhaps the way CC and Dendy were quickly brought out of the doghouse was that Greg knew they were the future of his team already.

I find it hard to believe that we will not be back in trouble for academics. Will that negate the contract extension?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Are we not trying to help Al with a reason? :wink:

Bartastic

Dec 29, 2008
Iowa

Because, you don't change horses in mid-stream.

Because, 4 years isn't nearly long enough to build a Men's basketball program.

Because, we are a wrestling school....not basketball.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

His new starting lineup for the 5th straight year could be a positive. :yes:

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site

Because he is in favor of the NCAA tournament expansion. I was told this has nothing to do with his self interests. Anybody who is down for more hoops in awesome in my book.

Reactions: Al_4_State