Should cell phones/ipods, etc be banned from use during school?

Do you agree?

• Yes!

Votes: 74 73.3%
  • No!

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'm a senior in high school and our school's rule is phones can be used during passing time and at lunch. No one's hurt by this rule. If you use your phone during class, teachers pretty much will just say to put it away and if you do it again they'll take it

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Junior in College. Middle school and High School banned them during school hours. Before and after were fine.

I don't see why the **** people need them during the school day. All my friends were there. Who the hell am I gonna text? They are literally next to me or gonna be in the hallway when classes let out.

My kids won't be getting a cellphone until they are 16.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I think a lot of this comes back to parenting. They spoil their kids, never discipline them, and always think they do no wrong. If parents would just grow a spine and discipline their kids and not give in to them all the time, these problems would cease.

I never had a problem with using my phone in class. Like 2015 said, my friends were there, I could talk to them whenever. I also did not care if somebody was using their phone during class, as long as it was not distracting me. They are the ones that are going to fail, not me.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
What are the consequences of it ringing from either a text or call during class? Slap on the wrist and a "dont do it again"? Detention? Confiscation of phone?

Generally, I don't have that problem with phones going off. I think it happens maybe once or twice per semester. When it does, it's almost always been an accident.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
Junior in College. Middle school and High School banned them during school hours. Before and after were fine.

I don't see why the **** people need them during the school day. All my friends were there. Who the hell am I gonna text? They are literally next to me or gonna be in the hallway when classes let out.

My kids won't be getting a cellphone until they are 16.

Great choice to Isolate your kids because of your resistance to technology.

notengonacho1

Jun 5, 2006
Dallas, TX
Agreed. My point was simply that an out-right ban eliminates those times when it might be beneficial.

Maybe if we taught kids to use it appropriately, maybe there wouldn't be idiots who answered their phone in the movie theater (like some idiot did when I was there this summer).
:rolleyes:

If you allow phones for beneficial reasons that just gives the kids a excuse to use the phone during class and say its for learning when they are more likely texting.

letsCYber

Jun 11, 2010
U.S. of A.
My parents would call the elementary school for doctors appointments or give me a note before school, and I would have to go to the office to get a written permission slip to leave a class at a specific time during the day to go wait for my parents to pick me up. If my parents could let me know via text that they were waiting for me, it would have potentially minimized the amount of class time missed.

When I was in High School, it was before the Apps were around.. all we had were cameras on our phones and 50 Cent Wanksta ringtones. Needless to say, **** pics were abundant.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Yes to phones no to iPods.
don't care, but I drive on two different 4-lane divided highways to work.....amazing amount of dumbas$es who are texting while others going 65-75mph. mostly females...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron