Shontrelle Johnson signing time (not singing)

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
who is shontrelle johnson?sounds like the next coming of j.c.

No, Jordan Carstens played D-tackle. Shontrelle is a running back.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
who is shontrelle johnson?sounds like the next coming of j.c.

Three star running back out of Florida with a DB offer from Florida and FSU was interested but did not offer. He has a great offer list as do a lot of guys we have committed right now. Very impressive.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Well it's nice to get good recruits, but he is only one. Like CPR said it's not the guys you don't get its the ones you get that can't play. Lets see after year one what hes like.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Well it's nice to get good recruits, but he is only one. Like CPR said it's not the guys you don't get its the ones you get that can't play. Lets see after year one what hes like.

You are correct. My excitement for Shontrelle isn't necessarily because of what he can do on the field, although I think he could be great. I am more excited by the fact that he already represents a victory for the program, simply because it shows that the coaching staff was able to convince him that ISU was a better fit than some other, successful schools. One of the main obstacles that we're always told that ISU faces, is that Ames, Iowa is a tough sell for recruits. Geography, weather, facilities, tradtion, etc. They are all trotted out as reasons why players don't want to come here. Signing a recruit like Shontrelle demonstrates that in spite of these obstacles we can still go out and compete for the recruits that we want. Finding diamonds in the rough is nice, but the coaching staff has to feel good that they are able to slug it out with other schools, and come out on top.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You are correct. My excitement for Shontrelle isn't necessarily because of what he can do on the field, although I think he could be great. I am more excited by the fact that he already represents a victory for the program, simply because it shows that the coaching staff was able to convince him that ISU was a better fit than some other, successful schools. One of the main obstacles that we're always told that ISU faces, is that Ames, Iowa is a tough sell for recruits. Geography, weather, facilities, tradtion, etc. They are all trotted out as reasons why players don't want to come here. Signing a recruit like Shontrelle demonstrates that in spite of these obstacles we can still go out and compete for the recruits that we want. Finding diamonds in the rough is nice, but the coaching staff has to feel good that they are able to slug it out with other schools, and come out on top.

I agree and I would argue that ISU, when all things are considered, ISU is one of the hardest BCS schools to recruit to. I like the track we're on.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I know that it's been said before, but Shontrelle's signing really demonstrates the ability of this coaching staff to go out and compete with other schools for recruits. Look at his offers list. ISU was going up against some solid schools, and they came out on top. It really says something for CPR's ability to sell this program, and is yet another reason why I feel like our football program is in really good hands.

+1 million

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron