SEZ wish list

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
To get from 58600 seats to 62000 you only need a net increase of 3400 seats. I would think that would be easily doable with a simple design like this, that completes the stadium and allows for a substantial improvement in fan accommodations while permitting a build-out to the south that meets the desire for a gateway structure:

JackTriceexpansionrendering.jpg

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't get the BWW comments. The co-founder of Hooters is an ISU alum. I would think we could use that connection to make that a Hooters party deck.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
• Students and band in lower level - keep them together, and make both ends of the stadium loud.
• Club level w/year-round sports bar/restaurant and Cy's Locker Room retail section - move off Duff.
• Upper deck seating for displaced SEZ season ticket holders - no donation, affordable, higher capacity.
• Reseat the current student section with donor tickets.
• Create a nice VIP/Big donor plaza/club section in the NEZ where the band currently sits, allowing access to some Jacobsen Building amenities - an extension of the Jacobsen patio area.
• Underground parking and workspaces for media/big donors.
• Top level roof garden area/green space. Sustainable and ties into Reiman Gardens.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
To get from 58600 seats to 62000 you only need a net increase of 3400 seats. I would think that would be easily doable with a simple design like this, that completes the stadium and allows for a substantial improvement in fan accommodations while permitting a build-out to the south that meets the desire for a gateway structure:

I thought the current capacity was 56,800 and not 58,600. Either way, getting up to 62,000ish wouldn't be that hard.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I think it should be two tiered with club house in-between. the only reason not to is to let those cheap b####### in the South lots a view of the big screen.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It would be cool to add some nice Architectural interest in the design. I love Jack Trice, but is as plain vanilla as it gets from a design standpoint. A good (but still cost effective ) design would add to both the game-day and University entrance experiences.

This is a picture of the Gophers' new Stadium - pretty cool. I'm not saying we should copy this, but this is very cool looking!
View attachment 23295

My guess is there will be a very attractive outside as this is more than just the stadium, it's about the entrance to campus.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
• Students and band in lower level - keep them together, and make both ends of the stadium loud.
• Club level w/year-round sports bar/restaurant and Cy's Locker Room retail section - move off Duff.
• Upper deck seating for displaced SEZ season ticket holders - no donation, affordable, higher capacity.
• Reseat the current student section with donor tickets.
• Create a nice VIP/Big donor plaza/club section in the NEZ where the band currently sits, allowing access to some Jacobsen Building amenities - an extension of the Jacobsen patio area.
• Underground parking and workspaces for media/big donors.
• Top level roof garden area/green space. Sustainable and ties into Reiman Gardens.

I nominate you for the planning committee! Lots of good ideas there...like Cy's locker Room. Great retail location as people come/leave ISU for visits and then on game day. I also really like the idea someone else had about a designated "new alumni" section.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

56,800 to 62,000 is a lot of seats.

You're losing 5,000 hillside seats + taking out the end sections to wrap it properly so realistically down 5,500 seats and you'd have to add back 10,700 seats which is triple what the endzone holds currently (3,500 I believe).

Taking Cy's Locker Room off Duff would be a gigantic mistake as would opening a restaurant or something like that year round.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Aren't smaller stadiums the trend in college and pro teams right now? I don't think JP and Rhoads are really in the minority on this.

If you mean smaller stadiums as in 60-65,000 (which is the capacity range of recent NFL stadiums), then I don't see what the complaint is.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I have a really stupid question, why is the home sideline on the opposite side of the press box when typically the home team is under the press box. Please don't flame me too hard if the reason is widely known.

Having ISU on the opposite sideline would solve a lot of the crossing the field issues.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I have a really stupid question, why is the home sideline on the opposite side of the press box when typically the home team is under the press box. Please don't flame me too hard if the reason is widely known.

Having ISU on the opposite sideline would solve a lot of the crossing the field issues.

Rhoads prefers being on the east side because the west side gets sun in their eyes for day games. (Yes, that is the real reason)

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Would be nice to put the visiting locker room in the new SEZ and then demolish the Olson Building which is the north part of the Jacobson Building. Then change that space into a nice courtyard or move the Jack Trice statue there.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I don't think the visitors section would ever move to the other sideline

Let's Go State

Nov 6, 2007
West Coast (of Iowa)
Who will send this to Pollard?....???

Lower Deck Only for now with footings for the second deck
Band and Students to SEZ - conveniently over visiting locker room and just in from the party courtyard
ISU History Themed Hooters - open year around
Beer
Hot-tub
Tunnel to cross University
Real Bathrooms - or innovative seat to dump on site

- Love it -

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron