SEZ information

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
So are they adding to the upper deck with two new corners? Looks like it.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I drove by the stadium last week and noticed there were already 2 large Weitz construction trailers parked in the south parking lot. I figured they were already prepping to start as soon as possible.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Are they going to place the existing bleachers/old scoreboard somewhere else? (use them for other sports, etc...) Also, I would like for the team to set up on the west side of the field on gameday when this NEW addition is finally in place. Is there any advantage to us setting up on the east side? It seems the sun is always on the coaches/players faces over there. Also, they aren't moving the students to the SEZ are they? I would rather have the opposing team deal with them/the noise and switch them over to the east if we are keeping the student section where it currently is.

Plus hey, better luck to switch it up? Out with the old, in with the new?

Love the new look, this has been a long time coming. Iowa State deserves this!

Last edited:

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
What's interesting is that they've indirectly shown how the NEZ would get bowled in if we ever need it.

Gotta agree that the 20 yd line photo looks like they scraped it together in about 20 minutes compared to the outside renderings. Not that I care. It's still damn cool.

What makes you say this?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is perfect.

The only way they can make this more perfect is if one day they duplicate the new SEZ in the NEZ. But that's on us fans - need to be able to support 70k attendance and bring in the $$$ to make it happen.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So fall 2015 I can FINALLY invest in the panoramic framed portrait of Jack Trice Stadium that I've been waiting nearly a decade to purchase...

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Are they going to place the existing bleachers/old scoreboard somewhere else? (use them for other sports, etc...) Also, I would like for the team to set up on the west side of the field on gameday when this NEW addition is finally in place. Is there any advantage to us setting up on the east side? It seems the sun is always on the coaches/players faces over there. Also, they aren't moving the students to the SEZ are they? I would rather have the opposing team deal with them/the noise and switch them over to the east if we are keeping the student section where it currently is.

Yes. As Jamie Pollard has said in the past, it helps branding and JP is all about branding. When we played in Memphis against Tulsa, JP made it a goal of his for us to be on sideline opposite of the camera so our team was showing more. It is the exact same case at JTS. Building a brand by increasing exposure.

cylentMike

Aug 15, 2012
133 additional women's rest rooms and 82 men's? That can't be right can it? Does it mean 'stalls'?

I'm pretty sure it's toilets. With the 51 new male toilets planted outside around the stadium, they had to keep things equal and install more inside toilets for the ladies.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wondering where they will be taking tickets. Not that it's a big deal, just wondering.

Looks like this entrance will only be used for the endzone section. Unless they open the gates (shown closed in the renderings), there is no access to the main concourse except by exiting from the club or top of the new end zone section. They will probably open the gates after the game for anyone to exit.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames

Rhoads has said a couple of times that he prefers the East sideline. It recieves sun exposure longer than the West sideline for night games which helps keep them warmer late in the season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wondering where they will be taking tickets. Not that it's a big deal, just wondering.

Looks like they will be splitting the ticket taking for those in 'normal' seats, east and west (should be nice to break up the big mob somewhat) and then a gate for those going into the club section

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
I dug up that rough "concept" image that StateofMind posted a while back. Not too far off...

JackTriceexpansionrendering_zps1e7e7d46.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron