Setting up AmazonSmile so a percentage of your Amazon purchases go to Cyclone Gridiron Club (directly to ISU Football; or other charity of choice)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Buying things from Amazon can be set up to help ISU football, Cyclone Gridiron Club!
Do you buy things from Amazon?

If you want to help in some way but can't or don't want to make a donation for whatever reasons, you CAN help the Gridiron Club if you buy with Amazon. Set up Amazon Smile and select the Iowa State Cyclone Gridiron Club. Every time you make a purchase through Amazon Smile, they will donate a small percentage of what you spend to the Gridiron Club. (Just make sure before you hit the final purchase button that you're under Amazon Smile and not the regular Amazon page....yeah...there's a difference.)

You can also see how much you've contributed and how much the club has earned in overall donations.

I'm sure every little bit helps.
In more detail: Go to your regular Amazon web page, then under top banner hover over but don't click "Accounts & Lists", then click "AmazonSmile" (under "Your Account"). Set your charity to "Cyclone Gridiron Club" or another charity of your choice. Save this "AmazonSmile" page to somewhere in your favorites.

In the future, shop on Amazon as you usually do. Then when you have filled your "Cart" and are ready to purchase your selected items, you must switch to or pull up your "AmazonSmile" web page (from your Saved favorites). Your Cart should be loaded there as well. Click on "Cart" and finalize your purchase (making sure it is on the AmazonSmile page!). It is about that simple.

I haven't purchased anything yet thru AmazonSmile, but I set mine up on Thursday, and put in "Cyclone Gridiron Club" as my charity. I then made a couple of 'dry runs', and I think it should work fine next time I want to use Amazon.

If I've missed any details, please add them here. CW, you are welcome to use any part of this post, if you want to create a "sticky". @ChrisMWilliams

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
I don’t think any college athletics program should qualify as a “charity”. Please set up your Amazon smile to go to something other than a college athletics department.

On a side note, I actually didn’t know about this. Went to set mine up. What a pain in the a$$. You have to switch from the normal website (also don’t see the option in the app, the method I used most). Thanks Amazon for making it hard to donate that measly 0.5% of your billions in profit.

Last edited:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I don’t think any college athletics program should qualify as a “charity”. Please set up your Amazon smile to go to something other than a college athletics department.

On a side note, I actually didn’t know about this. Went to set mine up. What a pain in the a$$. You have to switch from the normal website (also don’t see the option in the app, the method I used most). Thanks Amazon for making it hard to donate that measly 0.5% of your billions in profit.

I don’t remember how I did it but my app on my phone automatically charges everything through Smile.

Reactions: MrTippet

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

You only have to do that step one time and then it will apply it going forward. Maybe once a year they will ask if you want to make changes, otherwise it just automatically applies it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

People can and will continue to donate to charities as they wish. Thank goodness. Since Amazon takes Cyclone Gridiron Club as a 'charity' who am I to argue?

As to your second paragraph above, I found it a little tricky to find and begin AmazonSmile myself. That is why I started this thread. To try to make it easier for folks to do it. Did you follow my steps in post #1? It may be different on your computer?

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
Done, the WWF will no longer benefit from my wife shopping on Amazon

Reactions: Cyclonepride