Seth Greenberg on ESPN re: KU @ ISU

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Just watching SportsCenter and Seth Greenberg was talking about potential #1 seeds. Greenberg says the "controversial" finish in the KU @ ISU game "could potentially cost them a #1 seed."

Glad to see that the media attention is still on us getting hosed vs. KU. Have to think that this will be a factor with the Selection Committee as well.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
First off its a snow day and second yes I saw that and giggled. We did get hosed and well the media agrees again.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I think the selection committee will take it into account for both teams. They might not count it as a total win for ISU or whatever, but the Big 12 actually admitted there were more than one officiating errors in the final seconds of the game. It was a Big Monday game too so it was the big game of the night in the nation pretty much. There's no way the committee just looks at it like a normal OT loss with this. If they do, then they are not very smart consider the Big 12 admitted to big time errors.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I don't think the committee should take the win away from Kansas or diminish it. I mean, it's not their fault the refs blew it.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I don't think the committee should take the win away from Kansas or diminish it. I mean, it's not their fault the refs blew it.

No, they won't take it away obviously, but I guarantee you it will be diminished. The Big 12 literally admitted to "errors" in the final seconds. Anyone watching knows what they meant. We aren't talking about a game where everyone is like "OMG WE GOT SCREWED" and that was that.

The league office literally reviewed the game and admitted wrongdoing, which almost never happens. They didn't admit to "losing" ISU the game, but anybody watching the game knows exactly the two plays the office admitted to.

I am pretty confident ISU will get some sort of credit for that and in general, I don't think the selection committee is as one dimensional as we think. We have the RPI and what not, but I'm guessing they do take into account close games against solid opponents especially if you are a lock for an at large bid.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Just watching SportsCenter and Seth Greenberg was talking about potential #1 seeds. Greenberg says the "controversial" finish in the KU @ ISU game "could potentially cost them a #1 seed."

Glad to see that the media attention is still on us getting hosed vs. KU. Have to think that this will be a factor with the Selection Committee as well.

This, coupled with the Baylor Blowout this weekend, may move KU to a #3 seed or lower.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
If KU wins the Big 12 tournament they'll probably get a #1 seed.

Gonzaga could lose tonight.
Duke could lose in the ACC tournament.
Only one of Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State has the chance to win out in the B1G tournament.
And one of Louisville or Georgetown is going down.

KU will be playing with the 1 seed in sight. Glad we at least avoid them game 1 since they're coming off that Baylor loss.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think they should take it away, along with their other wins and shutting down the entire university. Not that I'm bitter.

Looking at your avatar, I can understand how he blew a few calls. Have you ever tried to see anything out of those mascot heads? The field of vision is terrible!

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
It's more than the refs blowing it... it's Bill Self CHEATING. He told Wiffy to get back in.
You must be the guy who called into SoundOff last night. Cheating? Come on. I bet you were the kid that started crying if someone didn't play fair.

Spam

May 21, 2008
I think KU stil gets a number one seed. Not because they deserve it, but I can't think of 4 teams in the country that are more deserving.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think they should take it away, along with their other wins and shutting down the entire university. Not that I'm bitter.

Also, I would burn the buildings down and salt the earth so that nothing ever grows there again.
Next step is to attack their endowments and research arrangements. Leave no evidence that place ever existed, on or off the court.

I'm not bitter. I'm just being reasonable.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If KU wins the Big 12 tournament they'll probably get a #1 seed.

Gonzaga could lose tonight.
Duke could lose in the ACC tournament.
Only one of Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State has the chance to win out in the B1G tournament.
And one of Louisville or Georgetown is going down.

KU will be playing with the 1 seed in sight. Glad we at least avoid them game 1 since they're coming off that Baylor loss.

I don't think DUke or Gonzaga are losing. I think Indiana will at least make the championship of the Big Ten which will be enough for a 1. So then there's one out there. Are you going to put Kansas ahead of Gtown/Louisville if both win their conference tourny? I would not, especially Gtown because if you take away the loss to Nova, or hell, don't take it away due to the craziness of the season, it's easy to argue they have played as well as anyone in the country the past 20 games or so. That is a hot team. Completely different team than any other one, but getting results nonetheless. They are Wisconsin on steroids with NBA talent. Certainly a team that will be interesting to watch as they are very vulnerable to getting beat because they don't score much but they play outstanding defense. They are like ISU in reverse.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Also, I would burn the buildings down and salt the earth so that nothing ever grows there again.
Next step is to attack their endowments and research arrangements. Leave no evidence that place ever existed, on or off the court.

I'm not bitter. I'm just being reasonable.

Pretty extreme considering that KU never employed anyone named Sandusky.

I think that rather than salting the earth, they should apply a whole ****load of Roundup. That's enough for me.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
You must be the guy who called into SoundOff last night. Cheating? Come on. I bet you were the kid that started crying if someone didn't play fair.

I bet you were the kid always cowering and tattling during a schoolyard shoving match? How do you like this smart ***** reply?

Lesson: back off! . . some of us still believe in integrity and not "game-ing" as some of you types call it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
The TCU game alone should cost Kansas the #1 seed. That has to be one of the most pathetic losses ever suffered by any team in NCAA history. Grambling thinks that TCU sucks.