Seth Davis Hoop Thoughts

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/01/19/hoop-thoughts-ncaa-power-five-autonomy

• I love the way Iowa State's pieces fit together. This team is full of versatile, skilled athletes who share the ball. The final piece is Jameel McKay, the 6-9 juco transfer who became eligible four weeks ago and had three blocks and 11 points in the big win over the Jayhawks on Saturday.
• And did you notice that Iowa State fans did not rush the court after that win? Iowa State fans, you complete me.
[h=3]Five Games I'm Psyched To See This Week[/h]* Weekend games not included
Kansas State at Iowa State, Tuesday, 7 p.m., ESPN2
Kansas State did a marvelous job coming back to beat Baylor on Saturday, but doing that at home is a lot different than pulling off a win in Hilton Coliseum. The Cyclones are riding high after their win over Kansas, and the Wildcats are not good enough to take them down.
Iowa State 75, Kansas State 64

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Rushing the court after that didn't even cross my mind as something that our students would do. Only if it was a close win could I see it.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If we were a bubble team and they were top 5, I can understand....but we're neck and neck with KU this year.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I wouldn't care if we rushed the court after every single win. Who cares what other fans think? Fans who make fun of other fans for storming the court are being petty and just looking for an ego stroke to make them feel better about their own team.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
come back from being down 17 and win? Sure, rush the court. Lead most of the game (and the entire 2nd half), don't rush the court.

Makes sense.

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
I thought rushing the court would have been justified. Hosting Gameday for the first time and beating KU in that fashion? Celebrate any way you damn well please.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I wouldn't care if we rushed the court after every single win. Who cares what other fans think? Fans who make fun of other fans for storming the court are being petty and just looking for an ego stroke to make them feel better about their own team.

Exactly, who gives a flying turd what anyone thinks about court rushing. If the students want to have fun and rush the court, let them do it. Nobody cares whether some old fuddy duddy blowhard like Seth Davis will disapprove.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I would have had no problem with the court being rushed with a win, but when you lead the majority of the game (by significant margins at times) and the last 2 minutes drags on forever, that takes a lot of the energy out of the storming idea

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Agree with Seth. It's time to act like we have been there before.

Eff that. There are still a good number of fans (self included) who suffered through the leanest years the program had since Johnny Orr arrived in 1980, and would have given anything to have done something worthy of rushing the court during that time. Let the kids enjoy it...who knows when/if they'll ever have the chance again.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Nothing ****** off the jayhawk fans more than not rushing the court.

I too sometimes finding myself caring a lot about what Jayhawk fans think. Hopefully with 10 years of Fred I'll stop caring about what Jayhawk fans think.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Freddy has raised the bar on the program. We should expect to compete for BIG 12 titles.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Agree with Seth. It's time to act like we have been there before.

The thing is, we haven't really been there before very often. Kansas leads the overall series 176-61 and we've only beaten them 11 times since the big 12 started.

storycy

Nov 4, 2014
Remember, we are ISU. I could see us rush the court and end up injuring one of our players in the process. Let's just enjoy the wins from the stands!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We should storm the court after every win and just make it a tradition so we never have to debate about it again

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron