Seriously Leistikow?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If you read this message board, you'd never know ISU is an annual 3-9 team.

Oh you'll have to tell me when this thread changed to football. Must have missed it.

And I don't know any cyclone fans who don't share the same opinion that I have about the football program. It's been lousy as of late, but we're optimistic Campbell can improve it. Not that he WILL, but he can.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
You guys have a hawk obsession. I'm glad that you have a thread for every game we play.

A 3-9 storm is brewing.
Hok fans have an obsession of bringing up FB every time basketball is being discussed. At an event I attended last night, I saw an adult Hok fan making fun of a boy's Husker hat - talking about how the Hoks destroyed them. The kid got upset & I told him, "Hey, it's basketball season - ask the guy how his team did against the Huskers." So, the boy repeated what I said. The guy didn't look very happy (& it ended the teasing).

BTW, I realize that the Hoks won this year's BBall game. Congrats. But we'll see how the end of the season turns out for our two teams, 'cuz it's looking like the Hoks won't be dancing this year.

Reactions: kingcy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Hok fans have an obsession of bringing up FB every time basketball is being discussed. At an event I attended last night, I saw an adult Hok fan making fun of a boy's Husker hat - talking about how the Hoks destroyed them. The kid got upset & I told him, "Hey, it's basketball season - ask the guy how his team did against the Huskers." So, the boy repeated what I said. The guy didn't look very happy (& it ended the teasing).

BTW, I realize that the Hoks won this year's BBall game. Congrats. But we'll see how the end of the season turns out for our two teams, 'cuz it's looking like the Hoks won't be dancing this year.

Pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Can't be too upset with Iowa fans or media. After seeing what life without Jok looks like I would be pretty pissy too.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

ya think?

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
That's okay. You beat us one night, congrats. Have fun watching us in March in our 6th straight NCAA tournament. Maybe you guys can make the CBI if you finish strong

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you listen to some of the media in the state you would think Iowa is having a better season than ISU.

I'm pretty sure it was December 2013 when The Gazette ran a 'Best Sports Stories of 2013' article and put Iowa's NIT run above ISU getting to the NCAA tourney and winning a game.

Apparently not qualifying for the NCAA tournament is a bigger achievement than winning a game in it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

If anything, you might come away thinking they've not won ever, so you're half right.

Go into a ISU bball game thread some time and read about how one of the senior leading scorers should have retired because they missed some 3's ,and still had the confidence to keep shooting, and single handedly kept the game alive with 6 straight points late in the 1st OT. Folks here can turn gold to dust right quick.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Iowa did beat us, correct. We played horrible, missed 9 easy layups, and looked uninterested. Take nothing away from Iowa that night.

However, the most relevant Iowa is now is basically a bad loss to whoever they beat.