Sequels that DON'T disappoint

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I think you are right about T2 and WW 2. But Major League 2 was awful compared to 1, since they went from an R-rated comedy to PG or PG-13 for the 2nd one. Ghostbusters 2 was really weak in comparison, though I guess it is watchable.

This can destroy remakes or sequels! An attempt to "remake" the original Vacation was in the works recently but supposedly the writers quit working on it when the studio wanted it to be a family comedy and not be rated R. Guess there is more money in the PG world than the R world? Not sure?

Supposedly Rusty (going to be played by Ed Helms) was going to redo the trip from Chicago to Wally World for his own children...

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
holy crap, no one's said Godfather Part II. - EDIT: While I typed this, someone said Godfather Part II.

Shrek 2.

Toy Story 2.

Airplane 2: the Sequel.

Naked Gun 2 1/2

Hellboy 2

28 Weeks Later

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Back to the Future 2

Lethal Weapon 2

Dawn of the Dead

Addam's Family Values.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

All of the Harry Potter movies.

Spider Man II

Desperado

Batman Returns

X2.

the Second and Third and Fourth Bourne Movies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Godfather 2, Empire Strikes Back, T2

Not better than the first, but Shrek 2 was pretty decent. Drastic freefall after that one, though.

A few minutes of Clerks II

r3-c99c8aa1-original.gif

Reactions: CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Ah, yes: Christmas Vacation. Can't forget that one. Gonna add Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Thought it was fantastic. I was neutral on the first three.