Selection Sunday: New reveal process

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is what it looks like when someone just refuses to understand the whole selection process. Congrats.

Lol, thats funny that you think I dont understand it. I fully understand it, just becuase i understand it doesn't mean its right or that I agree with it.

Regardless of teams like USC and Nebraska, Oklahoma State was the biggest snub of all. It makes absolutely no sense they got left out but Oklahoma and Alabama were safely in as 10 seeds, Syracuse and Arizona St were in over them as bubble teams.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Question......Oklahoma had 14 losses, Alabama had 15 and both were easily in as 10 seeds. How many more losses could each have absorbed and still make it? 16? 17 losses? We are really getting to that point now that teams with that many losses can still get an at large bid?

Even moron Barkley was making fun of that clueless AD from Creighton when he was asking if Oklahoma was a 1 seed a couple weeks ago.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I know, 13-5 in the Big 10 and 12-6, 2nd place in Pac-12 isnt cutting it anymore. USC and Nebraska need to start scheduling some better teams to get blown out by and they will be in the field next time.

Just looking at W's and L's is lazy. Here is the bug eaters body of work. It's pretty clear why Nebraska wasn't even close to being on the bubble.

NON Con SOS: 276
Non Con RPI: 159
1-5 vs the RPI top 50
3-9 vs RPI top 100
8 games vs 200 RPI+

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Another thing I noticed about the selection committee, they talk all championship week about all these games being "play in games" for bubble teams, take Alabama for example, they probably would have been out had they not beat Texas AM, but now they are easily in.

On the flip side they obviously dont put much stock into these conference tournaments because Syracuse, Arizona st, Oklahoma and Oklahoma all couldnt even get out of the first round of their respective tournament.

There is no consistency anywhere in what the committe does.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Another thing I noticed about the selection committee, they talk all championship week about all these games being "play in games" for bubble teams, take Alabama for example, they probably would have been out had they not beat Texas AM, but now they are easily in.

On the flip side they obviously dont put much stock into these conference tournaments because Syracuse, Arizona st, Oklahoma and Oklahoma all couldnt even get out of the first round of their respective tournament.

There is no consistency anywhere in what the committe does.

Obviously the committee thought those teams did enough before their conference tournaments to get in.

Again, none of this is too hard.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Obviously the committee thought those teams did enough before their conference tournaments to get in.

Ok genius, what about Texas? They had done enough before they beat us to get in? So why did everyone say they were out with a loss to us? Couldnt even get out of the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tourney, but they were safely in.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

You can act like you know everything or you are some basketball genius with answers to every question, but these are the kind of things people are talking about and asking questions about today.

The ESPN guys and even that idiot Barkley were raising alot of the same questions I am, so no need to turn into a complete snowflake about this.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I think so. Oklahoma had some monster wins on their resume

I honestly don't know what the best way to deal with OU was.... at New Years they were a top 8 seed.... but they were just awful the entire month of February and so far in March.

4-11 in their last 15 and zero road wins in 2018. Obviously their Q1 wins are impressive, but when was the last one of those?

strange year for the Sooners and a tough call for the committee

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm in the minority with agreeing OU should have been in. Biggest beef is OSU being left out. Surprisingly the committee didn't even have them in the first four out. With ND, USC, Baylor and St. Mary's ahead of them, all of Okie St.'s big wins (OU's ticket) didn't matter.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Kansas
@ Wichita State
@ Texas Tech
TCU home and away

Those are all top 25 RPI wins. Oklahoma State's RPI was 88, Oklahoma's was 49

Oklahoma States RPI was low because they played teams like Pitt who most years would be a good team to schedule.

Oklahoma State...
Florida State
Oklahoma X 2
Kansas X 2
@West Virginia
Texas Tech
Texas

8-12 vs tournament teams

Oklahoma 7-10 vs tournament teams, lost twice to Okie State.

Im sorry, but Oklahoma State got shafted big time, especially if you put them up against Arizona State.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Ok genius, what about Texas? They had done enough before they beat us to get in? So why did everyone say they were out with a loss to us? Couldnt even get out of the quarterfinals of the Big 12 tourney, but they were safely in.

Easy. A loss to Iowa State was a bad loss that the rest of their resume wouldn't have been strong enough to overcome.

You want everything to be in a vacuum and very black and white. This is subjective process full of bias towards big money schools. How many extra eyeballs does Texas bring to TBS on Friday afternoon compared to Middle Tennessee or even Nebraska?

Okie Lite and Middle Tennessee are the only schools that have the right to be outraged about not getting in, IMO. St Mary's turned down games with Rhode Island and Creighton and only tournament teams they played in the non-con were New Mexico State and Cal State Fullerton, both at home. Also lost to Dog **** Washington State and Georgia on a neutral floor. Randy Bennett is known as being a chicken **** scheduler, including trying to say that the weather was too bad in California to fly into Iowa to play UNI a few years ago. Asshat literally tried to cancel a game in Cedar Falls 48 hours before it happened and caused it to be delayed by a day.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Oklahoma States RPI was low because they played teams like Pitt who most years would be a good team to schedule.

Oklahoma State...
Florida State
Oklahoma X 2
Kansas X 2
@West Virginia
Texas Tech
Texas

8-12 vs tournament teams

Oklahoma 7-10 vs tournament teams, lost twice to Okie State.

Im sorry, but Oklahoma State got shafted big time, especially if you put them up against Arizona State.

Lol what does that have to do with anything? Pitt was awful. Oklahoma's RPI was way better than Oklahoma State and even if you hate RPI and love KenPom Oklahoma was still better in KenPom.

I get people thinking Oklahoma State should have been in but plain and simple Oklahoma's resume deserved to get them in

• Disagree
Reactions: NoCreativity

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
What's your upset picks?

I have ucla going to the sweet 16 all the way from play in game. They got a good bracket draw to make a run. They are athletic and I think they are better than some say.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Easy. A loss to Iowa State was a bad loss that the rest of their resume wouldn't have been strong enough to overcome.

You want everything to be in a vacuum and very black and white. This is subjective process full of bias towards big money schools. How many extra eyeballs does Texas bring to TBS on Friday afternoon compared to Middle Tennessee or even Nebraska?

Middle Tennessee is the only school that has the right to be outraged about not getting in, IMO. St Mary's turned down games with Rhode Island and Creighton and only tournament teams they played in the non-con were New Mexico State and Cal State Fullerton, both at home. Randy Bennett is known as being a chicken **** scheduler, including trying to say that the weather was too bad in California to fly into Iowa to play UNI a few years ago. Asshat literally tried to cancel a game in Cedar Falls 48 hours before it happened and caused it to be delayed by a day.

So losses do matter after all? Weird, youre the first person to say this, everyone else wants to talk about who the teams beat, losses have pretty much become obsolete anymore.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lol what does that have to do with anything? Pitt was awful. Oklahoma's RPI was way better than Oklahoma State and even if you hate RPI and love KenPom Oklahoma was still better in KenPom.

I get people thinking Oklahoma State should have been in but plain and simple Oklahoma's resume deserved to get them in

Oklahoma is terrible, Trae Young is a cancer and they will get promptly beatdown by Rhode Island in the first round. They havent even really been competitive in alot of their losses lately, cant win a game away from Norman either.