"Secret" scrimmage with NU question...

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Anyone know how these are formatted? Is it strictly a full-game scrimmage or do the coaches coordinate on working on specific situations? My guess is strictly an unofficial official game but curious just the same.

I'll hang up and listen.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Think it's a little of full game scrimmage and then situational stuff too. IIRC from previous year info.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think they also have NCAA referees come in to be officials for the game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think the formatting is up to the coaches. From the past, it seems like it's mostly scrimmage, with some situational stuff added in.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
NU insists on NCAA officials, a time keeper, regulation number of time outs, the works, just like an "official" game. They try really really hard to beat us. Really hard. So hard you would think a trip to the final 4 is on the line. They pay Jimmy Chitwood to show up and sit behind their bench for extra luck.

We waltz in the arena like we just came in off a 7 day, all-inclusive, beach vacation and proceed put on a dribbling clinic that would make Bugs Bunny blush, throw 'oops like Globetrotters, and have it (John Walters style) "stuck on automatic" from downtown. We crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women.

That's what my sources say. I tend to believe them, because, well... Nebraska.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
@JStanz51 think any of your sources will be willing to spill the beans on how this goes this afternoon?
This day in age it seems like the beans are always spilled. I don't know how much info we will get but we should get score and maybe points aim the least.

It took a day to release how SMU beat Texas in their secret scrimmage

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
NU insists on NCAA officials, a time keeper, regulation number of time outs, the works, just like an "official" game. They try really really hard to beat us. Really hard. So hard you would think a trip to the final 4 is on the line. They pay Jimmy Chitwood to show up and sit behind their bench for extra luck.

We waltz in the arena like we just came in off a 7 day, all-inclusive, beach vacation and proceed put on a dribbling clinic that would make Bugs Bunny blush, throw 'oops like Globetrotters, and have it (John Walters style) "stuck on automatic" from downtown. We crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentation of their women.

This is strikingly similar to the recent potus debate press release that was distributed 5 hours before it happened. Maybe your calling?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I hear that they are going to play at the Coliseum. Then, to help the Huskers' confidence level and feel more like a P5 basketball team, Hilton is going to look like this:
creighton-blue-jays-new-floor-2.jpg

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Is anybody else embarrassingly excited to go to the exhibition next Sunday?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

One of my favorite quotes! Well done.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Is anybody else embarrassingly excited to go to the exhibition next Sunday?

swansonsmile.gif