Second OT of the day: Issues with Hulu

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
We've been having an issue where we'll be right in the middle of an episode and Hulu just up and skips to the next one. A couple times it has been switched to a completely different show! This has happened now on multiple hardware: Roku, Xfinity Flex and even the Xbox. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I've had Hulu for a couple years and I don't recall this ever happening. We primarily use Android TV, Chromecast and firesticks.

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
We've been having an issue where we'll be right in the middle of an episode and Hulu just up and skips to the next one. A couple times it has been switched to a completely different show! This has happened now on multiple hardware: Roku, Xfinity Flex and even the Xbox. Has anyone else been experiencing this?
Yes, just this month. Did some research and there were few answers. Our problems were primarily with a couple shows. This worked: (On Roku) Delete the Hulu app, then reinstall it. I have no idea why or for how long it will work.

EDIT: Our problems ALWAYS occurred when the program came to the first commercial break.

Good luck!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I have had Hulu for about a year never had this happen. My only gripe is the setup of the channel guide. Its stupid asf.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I was watching YoutubeTv DVR and it was doing this to me about a week ago. I think it was on our FireTV though not a Roku Tv. It was weird AF and only did it that day then stopped.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Yes, just this month. Did some research and there were few answers. Our problems were primarily with a couple shows. This worked: (On Roku) Delete the Hulu app, then reinstall it. I have no idea why or for how long it will work.

EDIT: Our problems ALWAYS occurred when the program came to the first commercial break.

Good luck!
Our problem was happening at the LAST commercial break. Bizarre! I contacted support and first step was to clear cache (there's a "secret" code for doing this on Roku) and if that doesn't work then delete/reinstall.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron