SEC lifts ban on stadium-wide Alcohol Sales

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Weed and it isnt even close. Ask me again though if Pollard leaves.

I think once it becomes more commonplace in College Football, Pollard will cave in. I know he is very against the idea, but I don't think he will have much of a choice over time. Just my pure speculation though.

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I think once it becomes more commonplace in College Football, Pollard will cave in. I know he is very against the idea, but I don't think he will have much of a choice over time. Just my pure speculation though.
As long as he allows rentry he is good to go. Once he locks down Trice then he will have to cave.

I will put up with bad cell service but if I cant booze Im going to have to rethink my 6 tickets/donation.

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Our governor just vetoed a medical marijuana bill that had bipartisan support. Sadly both are a ways off I think.

Yeah, at least 4 years for anything marijuana related. This 'medical marijuana' bill was pretty restricted as-is i believe and not like the more open medical marijuana laws that many other states had.

Alcohol probably longer, but maybe that's wishful thinking because i hope Jamie stays around a long time, and if the trade-off is 'alcohol everywhere in the stadium' or 'jamie pollard is here 10 more years' i'm taking the latter choice

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
As long as he allows rentry he is good to go. Once he locks down Trice then he will have to cave.

I will put up with bad cell service but if I cant booze Im going to have to rethink my 6 tickets/donation.

I don’t understand this - you won’t go to games because you can’t get a quick beer or two at halftime? I don’t see how that can make enough of a difference on your experience of gameday.

FWIW I’m fine with alcohol sales inside the stadium.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It seems stupid not to sell booze if people can walk freely in and out of the gates and drink whenever they want. May as well make $$$ off the inevitable.

Bingo!

This is a total win-win. JP can stop allowing people to leave at halftime, which is a really good thing, and then he can charge $10 for a can of beer which will make a lot of money for ISU, but yet is too expensive for people to really get wasted. Love it!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron