Season Tickets Sold Out

H

HGPuck

so almost 20% of our stadium capacity is given to people who don't pay?

Probably about 2-3%. Single game tickets (which are paid for obviously) make up the biggest percent of the 17% that aren't season or visitors tickets and then corporate sponsors who end up effectively paying more than you could sell the tickets for is likely the next largest group.

I would also guess there are some corporate sponsors who get 'season tickets' and some that get blocks of tickets for single games based on their sponsorship and types of promotions they do.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Its really hard to imagine what the ticket sales would be after 5 years of 8+ wins.

I think with Jamie's plan he release a couple years ago it does make the actual seats 55k (ish) and then about 60K with the north hills.

right now we are at 45k (ish) with about 10K of hills for 55K. (ish) lol.

As a parent with 3 kids I would be in favor of a GA Section to replace Hillside GA. Similiar tot he lil cyclone club seats for certain games at Hilton. That would be so much better than hills.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
ExplodingThermometer.jpeg

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Its really hard to imagine what the ticket sales would be after 5 years of 8+ wins.

I think with Jamie's plan he release a couple years ago it does make the actual seats 55k (ish) and then about 60K with the north hills.

right now we are at 45k (ish) with about 10K of hills for 55K. (ish) lol.

As a parent with 3 kids I would be in favor of a GA Section to replace Hillside GA. Similiar tot he lil cyclone club seats for certain games at Hilton. That would be so much better than hills.

I don't think we have more than 43k in actual seats for sure. That puts us at close to 13k on the hillsides in a sellout.

I think the SEZ increasing actual seats to 55k and increasing capacity to 61k would make sense, and I think it would make even more sense to come up with a creative way to make it easy to add seats in case the program really gets rolling and we need to add even more seats.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Congrats to Pollard and the fans. This is fantastic for a team that has 1 winning season in the last 7 years. This is a pretty big deal.

ISU has done a great job of selling CPR and a 'gameday' atmosphere in and around JTS!

Now lets just bowl it in.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
You need to close in the corners. I know its probably way more expensive and what not but man Jack Trice would get ridiculously loud if the corners were closed in. Exciting to think about.
That's impossible because of the angle of the upper deck.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
On another board, I saw a cyclone fan claim the 7 to 10 thousand student tickets are not included in the 43k number.

Anyone know if this is true?

That would push the total season ticket number to 50 to 53 thousand.

While I am at it, anyone know if little cyclone club memberships are counted in these numbers?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I dont get this....The SEZ project isnt going to increase capacity if I understand correctly?

It is myth that it wont increase seating. when it was first proposed with just the lower bowl it would have been close to a wash. With the upper deck, we will be increasing by 5 to 7k. JP has even said that our capacity will increase to over 60k.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
On another board, I saw a cyclone fan claim the 7 to 10 thousand student tickets are not included in the 43k number.

Anyone know if this is true?

That would push the total season ticket number to 50 to 53 thousand.

While I am at it, anyone know if little cyclone club memberships are counted in these numbers?

Pretty sure they are included.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The one problem with a sellout, is that it's gonna be kinda difficult to break the season ticket record next year... :twitcy:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
ISU topped out at 30K season tickets sold under Mac in 2006. Its to bad he didn't have this support back when he got ISU off the mat, but he obviously laid the groundwork for today's crowds.

For as much as the Chiz is held in the same regard as a turd, that hiring really invigorated the fan base, and it showed with 36K+ in ticket sales for 2007. This is just another level now.

Oklahoma State did some expansion maybe 5 years back, and it made the place look pretty empty in the corners and such on TV. The reality was that it upped attendance by something like 10% from a couple seasons prior, and they eventually grew into those new seats...obviously a Big 12 title and near NC game season helped that along.

If ISU can expand up to nearly 60K with a larger selection of lower priced corner seats, I don't see selling those as a problem unless the team tanks a few seasons in a row.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron