Season Tickets Sold Out

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
The SEZ would increase capacity a bit, I've heard it would bring to just over 60,000 and it would also add more actual stadium seats (higher dollar seats) and could add more suits if they put them between the decks. IMO its definitely worth it if we have the fan support to fill it, plus it would make JTS look big-time and also enhance that south entrance to the university.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
They do get returned, but they still cant be sold on a season ticket basis because of that.

True, but there is any reason why they can't be sold as single game tickets? I don't think reducing the visitor allotment to be able to sell more season tickets would really add that much financially.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
An interesting thing...as you all know, student tickets sold out in no time. We keep having more students (largest class last year, this year's bigger) and you assume the freshmen that bought them last year will get them second year, etc. If season tickets are sold out for non-students, can't really add more student tickets to help with more students.

AHHHH....great problems to be juggling. :)

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
As others have said in regards to the cap on season tickets. Just over 43k for season tickets and just under 4k for visitors. The remaining ~9,800 are for corporate sponsors, recruiting, players/coaches' families, AD staff and events, Iowa high school coaches (if they still do that), and a limited number of single game tickets made available to donors/season ticket holders.
I think some of this is true, but I would also guess that they didn't turn away anyone who wanted to buy a season ticket before the single game tickets went on sale. Once the single game tickets go on sale and the first game sells out you're out of season tickets (unless you're holding them back and hoping to sell them later which I doubt is a very attractive idea to the AD).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
True, but there is any reason why they can't be sold as single game tickets? I don't think reducing the visitor allotment to be able to sell more season tickets would really add that much financially.

They can, and are sold that way, but usually only get a couple weeks to try to sell those tickets instead of guaranteeing their sale early with a season ticket.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
At one point i think they sold that location for big games like iowa\nebraska

You'd think if they could do that now, they would and move the band to the sidelines, a la Alumni band at homecoming or the 2005 Iowa game. Maybe it's a legal capacity issue.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Am I doing this right?

fdwUK8u.jpg

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
From what I've understood the SEZ would increase the number of actual seats to up around 55,000. With the two hillsides left capacity would be 60,000. If it really doesn't increase capacity the athletic department might want to start looking into an addition that would.

Carr50010

Apr 4, 2010
Ames
People like seats. If you offer them

Hillside seats, causual fans are more likely to pass. Build SEZ smart so we can grow.

H

HGPuck

I think that is right, judging by the fact season tickets 'sold out' shortly after single game tickets went on sale to donors. When they offered single game tickets I would guess they picked a number for season tickets they knew they would get to (just over 43k apparently) and offered all other available tickets on a single game basis. But once those got offered for sale it effectively capped the season ticket number.
I think some of this is true, but I would also guess that they didn't turn away anyone who wanted to buy a season ticket before the single game tickets went on sale. Once the single game tickets go on sale and the first game sells out you're out of season tickets (unless you're holding them back and hoping to sell them later which I doubt is a very attractive idea to the AD).

Carr50010

Apr 4, 2010
Ames
I am sure Pollard is looking at selling the bands seats. If I were him, I would just sneek them into the student section.