Sean Shaw Jr flew under the recruiting radar

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He's got great size and made some really nice plays this year. On a roster full of guys that can get yards, Sean is really surprising me. He's really got a bright future here.

Only other power school that offered him was Kansas. What a steal.
I got to sit with my brother for a change Saturday - we generally have seats in different parts of the stadium - and we discussed that. We both agreed that he has the potential to be a really good receiver and a big part of the offense going forward.

Reactions: JP4CY

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
I believe there were some issues there that caused that, maybe grades? Can't remember exactly but I think I remember seeing some things about some schools being skeptical he would qualify.

I could be wrong though.

• Informative
Reactions: Texbudman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I had the thought after one of his catches, "I thought Scates would be the redshirt freshman WR making the biggest impression this year but it's Shaw instead." I didn't know anything about his recruiting but he stands to have a big year with the departures of Jones and Pettway. He made a great play to deny an INT AND get the reception - very heady.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
No doubt Sean has been a pleasant surprise. He's seen a the field much more than his heralded classmate Scates.

• Useful
Reactions: Texbudman

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
He’s been really impressive. Almost reminds me of Matt Eaton a little bit with the way he’s built + is used in the passing game

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Receiving corps in good shape to absorb the losses with Shaw, Milton and Scates, and Porter coming off redshirt. Plus Allen-and I assume Kolar is not yet ready to turn pro?

Wilson hasn't had a lot of production but he plays as much as any of those guys except Milton, he could be a factor, plus, this staff has shown it likes GT WR's. Wouldn't shock me to see another one next year. The success of Pettway and Murdock should be a selling point to any potential transfers.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
He's got great size and made some really nice plays this year. On a roster full of guys that can get yards, Sean is really surprising me. He's really got a bright future here.

Only other power school that offered him was Kansas. What a steal.

He's got some nice quickness. He's going to be a dandy in the future that height and speed.