Sean Keeler Rates KU

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Surely not to the point that #7 and #101 are equivalent, or even close.

Not a major point; I just saw the comment as very typical KU arrogance. Like I said, they are tied with ISU in those rankings, but the Jayhawks that I know look down on us and see themselves as equal to UT (or better than UT) as the academic leader(s) of the Big 12.

That's your beef with the article? Not that KU will go to Ok St. and win? Not that he said without Mangino they would beat us? Just the academic comment? Ok.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
If KU goes into Stillwater and wins, Ill be shocked.

I'll bet any takers $100 that Kansas doesn't lose in Stillwater this year.

With my winnings I'll provide coupons for free reading comprehension classes.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
If KU goes into Stillwater and wins, Ill be shocked.

Keeler is saying it's Okie State that struggles with conference road openers, and the game is in Lawrence. That's why he laughably has that as a win for KU.

On the other hand, if the Jayhawks do actually go to Stillwater that weekend, they'll be able to name the score, since the Cowboys and the fans will all be in Lawrence.

Or perhaps I'm giving Charlie's boys too much credit. I say they beat the empty stadium 23-10.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'll bet any takers $100 that Kansas doesn't lose in Stillwater this year.

With my winnings I'll provide coupons for free reading comprehension classes.

Keeler is saying it's Okie State that struggles with conference road openers, and the game is in Lawrence. That's why he laughably has that as a win for KU.

On the other hand, if the Jayhawks do actually go to Stillwater that weekend, they'll be able to name the score, since the Cowboys and the fans will all be in Lawrence.

Or perhaps I'm giving Charlie's boys too much credit. I say they beat the empty stadium 23-10.

Yep, I mis-read that. My point still stays the same. If KU beats OSU ANYWHERE, Ill be shocked.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
That's your beef with the article? Not that KU will go to Ok St. and win? Not that he said without Mangino they would beat us? Just the academic comment? Ok.

I can only have one opinion on the article?

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
"Welcome to Lawrence, a drinking town with a football problem. "

I recall him writing the EXACT SAME LINE about ISU in years past. What a hack.

When I was in high school (early 90s), ISU students had shirts with this very saying on it. That was back when you could walk up on gameday, buy a ticket and sit in the first row at the 40 yard line.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
When I was in high school (early 90s), ISU students had shirts with this very saying on it. That was back when you could walk up on gameday, buy a ticket and sit in the first row at the 40 yard line.
Yeah , but why would you have wanted to then. It was always fun to witness a 52-O pounding by Oklahoma close up and personal. Ishh, those were some rough days..Anyway, no way in hell Kansas beats OSU this year.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
The Chippewas have some nice pieces offensively, but their record on the road versus Power Five-level conference competition in recent years has been spotty, save for a massive win at Iowa's Kinnick Stadium in September 2012

:cute:

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014
No, but a NFL team will.

I wonder why he'd even wanna coach after he gets fired here.

He should be financially set for a couple lifetimes, and he looks like he's in pain cause he's so fat. Nothing against fat folks. Heck, I am one.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Is this serious? Do Jayhawks think of themselves in the same vein academically as Duke? I need a ruling from twocoach.

Duke is #7 in US News & World Report rankings for National Universities (and 3rd best non-Ivy)... Kansas is #101 (tied with Iowa State actually).

You've not heard of Harvard on the Kaw?