SCRIMMAGE REPORT: Need-to-knows as the Cyclones wrap-up 2018

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Thought there would be more people tailgating than there was. Saw a few people trying to make snowballs but other than that things were fairly calm.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thought there would be more people tailgating than there was. Saw a few people trying to make snowballs but other than that things were fairly calm.

I’m sure there were several people like me who weren’t driving 2 hours just to stand in a snow bank, not see any game or practice and then drive home in a blizzard.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

It was setting up to be an awesome day for tailgating and events. I really thought this would be the year that the Spring Game became a huge deal for Iowa State. And then, only build from there toward the day when the stadium would be full. Alas, the weather. Maybe next year.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
It was setting up to be an awesome day for tailgating and events. I really thought this would be the year that the Spring Game became a huge deal for Iowa State. And then, only build from there toward the day when the stadium would be full. Alas, the weather. Maybe next year.

When a storm is brewing, you have to take what it gives your I guess.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When a storm is brewing, you have to take what it gives your I guess.

When I just missed the "tornado" in Story City on Friday night and woke up to snow on Saturday morning, I finally conceded that they made the right choice. Indeed, a storm is brewing.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
When I just missed the "tornado" in Story City on Friday night and woke up to snow on Saturday morning, I finally conceded that they made the right choice. Indeed, a storm is brewing.

Personally, I am shocked that the weather forecast that far in advance was almost spot on. Really appreciate those CF podcasts with Woody and Jay. Can't wait until FB season is here again.