Screw you Ramsey loving used mini van drivers

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
So does the hot Peloton chick come and help set it up? If so tell me where to apply.
I don't think you could handle these gals. Based on what I saw on my son's machine, any of the gals would leave you in a heap on the side of the road.

Peloton isn’t just riding a bike. It’s an all encompassing fitness lifestyle.
At least some of their firehose of marketing hype stuck.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You turn the little lever a quarter turn to take the bike out of it. Real tough to get ready for a ride, amirite?
Turning a lever sounds like a lot of work. ;)

No attachment necessary...

maxresdefault.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I figured he probably wasn't up for rollers.

I think I figured correctly.

They take some getting used to but they really help with evening out your pedal stroke. If you don't even it out you may find yourself on the floor. You also get a much better workout if you actually have to balance rather than sitting on a solid pedestal pedaling away.

Bike World used to host roller races in the winter. Do they still do that?

• Disagree
Reactions: cyclones360

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The competition aspect of it is what would make me interested. The $40/month and $2,000 bike makes me say no. Also the $3k treadmill in my basement that's been collecting dust for years.

40 bucks a month? That is crazy talk. You can get a gym membership and do team workouts for that.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
They take some getting used to but they really help with evening out your pedal stroke. If you don't even it out you may find yourself on the floor. You also get a much better workout if you actually have to balance rather than sitting on a solid pedestal pedaling away.

I've been considering getting a trainer. How hard can you douche it on a roller? Like fall sideways? Or fall off and run into the wall at high speeds?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
40 bucks a month? That is crazy talk. You can get a gym membership and do team workouts for that.

Yeah, that's kind of ******. Two grand for a bike and then you still have to keep paying that much. They should just give you the bike. I think I'll just stick with my POS and fine some stuff on my ipad if I want a program.

• Winner
Reactions: Knownothing

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

I've been told I need to work on this...

Sorry...couldn't resist...

We have a Sole stationary bike at home...works well, but doesn't have the interactive competition that the Peleton comes with.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

I have a buddy who got some and said he had to start out in a doorway to get on and off and whatnot. Once he got it figured out, he could hold a line like nobody's business. He ended up as a categorized rider for a while until he got bored with it, then moved on to cross country skiing and is rated in that now.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I've been considering getting a trainer. How hard can you douche it on a roller? Like fall sideways? Or fall off and run into the wall at high speeds?
Like he said above start in a doorway so you can get started easier and you will quickly get the hang of it. If you go off the sides of your rollers your wheels are turning but you have no momentum so you really just fall over sideways. If you are in a doorway you can just grab the door frame. They aren't that dangerous, just a little uncomfortable at first, but they really help you to learn to ride a straight line and not let your pedaling action move your bike back and forth off your line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nader_uggghhh

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron