Scott Frost and Nebraska Under Investigation

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What the heck does "5-day suspension for all coaching duties during championship segment of this season" mean?

What is considered the championship segment of this season?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
What the heck does "5-day suspension for all coaching duties during championship segment of this season" mean?

Going to venture a guess that Nebraska doesn't participate in the championship segment of anything

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

If I had a guess, it would mean that during the Big 10's championship week, Frost is suspended from working that week. Of course, I doubt he will have anything to work on that week anyways :p

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
The Championship segment is the "regular" season. It is when competition is conducted in which results are counted for postseason selection. Championship Segment versus Non-Championship Segments are how they determine how much time players can be required to participate in sports. I don't know exactly what counts, but I'm guessing he can't suspend himself for a week in August. I'm guessing it covers the time from maybe a week before their first game to whenever their season is officially done.