Schroll done

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I thought Bill's comments in this morning's Register were interesting.

“We certainly wish her the best, and appreciate her time and effort."

“It doesn’t change a lot, really,” Fennelly said. “We’ve been playing Brynn a lot more.”

I'm really having a lot of trouble with this. Jess always struck me as a Danae Stuckey type of player, maybe not the most talented but athletic, knows her role, plays hard all the time, not demanding of attention, a real teammate in the full sense of that word. They seemed to me to epitomize what Bill continually talks about "playing the Iowa State way." Now I'm not sure anymore what exactly "the Iowa State way" is.

We all make dumb mistakes, all of us, including Bill. I'm wondering when someone will get him out on the floor and get up in his face. Many of the posters are right, tough love is necessary but you do it right. Tough love does not mean public humiliation.

Going to miss Jess, I always enjoyed watching her play. I think Bill is wrong, I think her leaving will change things a lot. It might be for the better but if that happens it will be because she left, not because she's gone.

Someone privately ask me if it fair to start treating Bill the same way he talks to his players?

I 'm totally unhappy with his current coaching style but NO, give the man a break.

I said battling cancer has made him much more edgy than normal. Let's see how he acts done the road , before any further actions on his part cause him problems. I understand Pollard already dressed him down after he got back from NY. That's my take on it.

Last edited:

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Someone privately ask me if it fair to start treating Bill the same way he talks to his players?

I 'm totally unhappy with his current coaching style but NO, give the man a break.

I said battling cancer has made him much more edgy than normal. Let's see how he acts done the road , before any further actions on his part cause him problems. I understand Pollard already dressed him down after he got back from NY. That's my take on it.

You and fales are such hawk fans.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I'd love to see this thread die. We have no idea what was going on. Few of us have had to deal with the stress that BF is going through now. Few of us have had to deal with what happened to Jess.
Hate to see Jess go, hate to see BF struggle with cancer, but even worse, I hate to see Cyclone Nation rip each other and their school/students/athletes/coaches when they should just try to understand that this must have been a difficult situation for everyone involved.
Hope for the best. If mistakes were made, try to understand that they were not intentional. If lessons are to be learned, hope that people learn from them. But most of all, hope for the best to all who are affected by this situation.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I'd love to see this thread die. We have no idea what was going on. Few of us have had to deal with the stress that BF is going through now. Few of us have had to deal with what happened to Jess.
Hate to see Jess go, hate to see BF struggle with cancer, but even worse, I hate to see Cyclone Nation rip each other and their school/students/athletes/coaches when they should just try to understand that this must have been a difficult situation for everyone involved.
Hope for the best. If mistakes were made, try to understand that they were not intentional. If lessons are to be learned, hope that people learn from them. But most of all, hope for the best to all who are affected by this situation.

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner here. Amen brother.

Reactions: statsaholic

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009

You'll be classified as "Weak and Will never Admit Anything" by a certain poster :jimlad:

Seriously, I agree with you that it's sad to see the Cyclone Nation rip each other (not everyone, just some extreme posters) because of the difference in opinions. I commented the need to respect each other's opinion but unfortunately, you'll always have some extremists taking the stupidity to the next level. Oh well, this is a message board, what can you expect ?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Sounds like BF was especially hard on Schroll. Don't agree with the public scolding. At the same time, the Bill is going through an extremely tough time. Perhaps his health is bringing out a sense of urgency and therefore these emotions.

Bill Fennelly is a great coach. Maybe everyone who is criticizing him need to take their own advice and not be so harsh on Bill Fennelly in a public forum. I have no idea the emotions that Bill Fennelly is going through. Or the severity of his health condition. I trust Pollard to run the Athletic Department and implement any actions that he sees fit.