Scene from Sprint Center

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If it was required that you attended that game to get in to Hilton for any game going forward we would not lose.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
ISU Fans really are the best! I have some friends that are loyal to other schools, but even they say how impressive the ISU fan base is.

DiehardClone

Jan 29, 2014
I loved looking at the smug KU fans in the crowd on Friday night.....so glad I am not them. No joy, only perpetual high expectations set by alumni spending and political bias with conference and referee community. Just smug arrogance. No journey, no battle, no agony or ecstasy. Just McDonalds Mickey D's and self-serving families coming in like vagabonds and enjoying their little social club until the NBA contract ink dries. I don't pity them.....more like disgust. They could associate with Kansas State which is noble. KU basketball is just what is wrong with college sports and the fans sitting on their fat ***** in blue are guilty parties.

Before our game Friday night, a KU fan took one look at my ISU shirt and said, "Sorry!" Upon inquiry, she said, "Sorry for what's about to happen to your team." I didn't say much in response because I don't usually play games like that.

However ... when the game had ended, and the same KU fan walked past me, I leaned towards her and said, "Sorry for what just happened to your team."

I don't know which was better - that little exchange, or watching thousands of KU fans who fled their seats early when it was clear ISU would win.

DiehardClone

Jan 29, 2014
I love the fact that I didn't feel I had to go, like I have for bowl games. I knew that my fellow fans would represent in full force and it was awesome to see. I was lucky enough to be in Kemper for the last championship and decided that I would reserve my travel requests for the NCAAs. Very proud to be associated with this fanbase!

And I'm glad that I don't feel that I have to go to San Antonio, after spending the last five days in Kansas City with my family. My wife and I now have a 3-2 all-time record of attending ISU-KU games in the conference tourney. We were there for the 1995 overtime victory in the semis (thanks to Hurl Beechum), the 1996 victory in the last Big 8 Tourney (thanks to Jaci Holloway), the 1997 blowout loss in the semis (right before we made a run to the Sweet 16 in San Antonio), last year's loss in the semis, and now the 2014 victory in the semis.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm so proud to be a Cyclone and be associated with this fan base. It's an honor.

We had a great group around us (except for the three schmucks in front of us who had no dog in the fight, and the obsessive Baylor fan a few seats down who spent most of the game embarrassing his wife)....

After the game, I think I high-fived or hugged nearly every Cyclone fan within reach. But one of the sweetest memories I'll take away from the game was the somewhat inebriated young man who sat directly behind me, who hugged me before they left and told me "it was an honor cheering with you, ma'am". Doubt he remembers it, but it warmed this old heart. :)