Scates Fall Camp

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
It's freaking tiny (but funny and on point).
Screen_Shot_2018-09-10_at_4.36.44_PM_1024x1024.png
Here you go!

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Akers is pretty good, and really fast, but I definitely could see his playing time drop this season. Not because he's gotten worse, but I feel like there's just a lot more competition this season for playing time.

I love the fact that opposing teams that don't know any better, like TOE fans for instance, think our WR position will take a step back this season without Hakeem, but I think it will actually be improved without him. Again, not because Hakeem wasn't awesome, he was, but we have a lot more weapons and depth this season IMO.
I'm really excited to see Akers in the slot, where he can avoid getting jammed as much and stretch the center of the field vertically or drag the defense horizontally. He's also a different threat than Deshaunte. Considering the targets he got on the outside to this point, it wouldn't take a lot for him to make a bigger impact this year.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Akers is pretty good, and really fast, but I definitely could see his playing time drop this season. Not because he's gotten worse, but I feel like there's just a lot more competition this season for playing time.

I love the fact that opposing teams that don't know any better, like TOE fans for instance, think our WR position will take a step back this season without Hakeem, but I think it will actually be improved without him. Again, not because Hakeem wasn't awesome, he was, but we have a lot more weapons and depth this season IMO.

I really like what they're doing with WR recruiting. Butler and Eaton left a hole, so they bring in Pettway and Wilson, who are both likely to play this year. Next year they lose Jones and Pettway. I assume Milton moves back inside and they start Wilson and Scates. But they also bring in a JUCO in Hutchinson to up the competition some. In the mean time, they are developing Porter and Glass. Going to be extremely fast.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Gunner is here to tell people what’s okay to think..and that if they ever get even slightly excited about anything speculative they’re idiots..and if they’re ever slightly disappointed in anything they’re idiots...he has it all figured out and is the most successful, best poster on this site...please refrain from being optimistic or pessimistic about anything, and there shouldn’t be any problems going forward..if you can’t do that, ‘gunnerclone’ will be here to make make snide remarks about you as an anonymous poster under an anonymous username.

Everyone should strive to be more like him.

Go State!

Last edited:
Reactions: IASTATE07

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Gunner is here to tell people what’s okay to think..and that if they ever get even slightly excited about anything speculative they’re idiots..and if they’re ever slightly disappointed in anything they’re idiots...he has it all figured out and is the most successful, best poster on this site...please refrain from being optimistic or pessimistic about anything, and there shouldn’t be any problems going forward..if you can’t do that, ‘gunnerclone’ will be here to make make snide remarks about you as an anonymous poster under an anonymous username.

Everyone should strive to be more like him.

Go State!
What you’re saying is that he’s going to be gunning for you.

Reactions: Clone_12

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Doubt I can. Still coaching high school and my son seems to busy making his first million to make the trip. He has made an NFL game to see his old roommate.

That's the hard one, it gets a lot easier after that first million though.:cool:

Help Support Us

Become a patron