Scates Fall Camp

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
So far wilson has got most of the hype in the media for new WRs, but Scates has now been one of the first mentioned after the first 2 scrimmages. Kind of sounding like he might be the real deal.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So far wilson has got most of the hype in the media for new WRs, but Scates has now been one of the first mentioned after the first 2 scrimmages. Kind of sounding like he might be the real deal.
Mentioned where? Is a link a possibility, perhaps? :)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I love these “touched by the media hype and coach speak” threads.
I could see your point, if this staff engaged in “coach speak”. They don’t.

And Birch just relayed what he had heard. In one little tweet. Not exactly the definition of “media hype”.

Kick back. Relax. Sip a little Kool Aid with whatever you’re drinking. No need to mix with Everclear.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Scates is the best of Butler and Lazard in one player. Some say he resembles Moss.
If by that you mean Lazard’s consistency and Butler’s speed or better, then I won’t complain.

And I’ve heard the Moss comparisons from those who’ve seen him at practice. Doubtless not the same pure speed, but I could see “in the mold of”.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Maybe we should let him catch a ball before retiring his jersey? ;)
That's no fun. After he catches a ball this year it is no longer hype...preseason is meant to blow up expectations...everyone is a heisman winner and that is ok with me

Reactions: Aclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I love these “touched by the media hype and coach speak” threads.
I am happy to report my preseason work is paying off heading into fall camp. I have my liver in tip top shape. Some say even the best shape ever. I will be ready for whatever cup is thrown at me regardless of kickoff time. #letsroll

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I am happy to report my preseason work is paying off heading into fall camp. I have my liver in tip top shape. Some say even the best shape ever. I will be ready for whatever cup is thrown at me regardless of kickoff time. #letsroll
Tap the breaks. Lets see this guy drink a beer before we crown him the next stone cold....

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I could see your point, if this staff engaged in “coach speak”. They don’t.

And Birch just relayed what he had heard. In one little tweet. Not exactly the definition of “media hype”.

Kick back. Relax. Sip a little Kool Aid with whatever you’re drinking. No need to mix with Everclear.

Matt absolutely does speak in coach speak. Now he’s not as bad at it, or insulting about it, as McCarney was.

But he says a lot of words that all boil down to about 2 themes. Always.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron