Sark’s Contract at Texas

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I'll be honest, I expect Sark to turn things around there. I was hoping they wouldn't make this hire, but good for them. I think he is a quality coach. I have a ton of respect for anyone who has overcome their demons, it shows he has a level of discipline that many do not.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'll be honest, I expect little change at Texas. They had a fine coach in Tom Herman. They canned him. This is a structural problem. It's about culture, not coaching. Sark did nothing at Washington or USC. But suddenly he's going to displace OU. Right.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
They're desperately trying to buy success.
If you have the budget of Texas, this is absolutely how to do it. Spare no expense, and make recruits know that he is here for a while(even if contract length doesn't mean anything in reality)

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I'll be honest, I expect little change at Texas. They had a fine coach in Tom Herman. They canned him. This is a structural problem. It's about culture, not coaching. Sark did nothing at Washington or USC. But suddenly he's going to displace OU. Right.
It's an entitlement culture. You have to make the players work their asses off like they never have before. That will weed out the weak ones. You have to have a standard of discipline than you do not waiver from. It's not an easy fix culture wise because I think that program is likely filled with entitlement. However, just from working through his addiction, Sark has shown that he has far more discipline that Herman.

Reactions: surly

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Del Conte made $1.58M last year unless things changed due to COVID, should make $1.62M this year, and would make $1.77M in the last year of his contract in 2024.

I think he will be fine.
he is also very well respected in the business.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It's an entitlement culture. You have to make the players work their asses off like they never have before. That will weed out the weak ones. You have to have a standard of discipline than you do not waiver from. It's not an easy fix culture wise because I think that program is likely filled with entitlement. However, just from working through his addiction, Sark has shown that he has far more discipline that Herman.
5 star players v. 5 star culture. A distinction never put more clearly.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They're desperately trying to buy success.

At that price and his track record they barked up the wrong tree. Not that I mind at all, but as I said back when he was hired, if hiring Sark was meant to instill the fear into my soul, I'm kind of feeling disappointed.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

Six-year guaranteed contract worth about $34.2 million, longer and more lucrative than Mensa ‘s and Strong’s.

The Longhorns also will have two coordinators and a special teams coordinator making at least $1 million annually

This is an interesting Twitter account, courtesy of Jeff Banks' "gf".. Supposedly she made drastic changes to her social media pages. (formerly: pole_assassin):oops:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Amazing that Sark essentially put Bijan Robinson on the shelf for the TCU game with a meager12 carries. He destroyed K-State with 30 a week earlier. Sark is like so many coaches, he sees himself as the smartest guy in the room and thus makes some stupid tactical mistakes throughout.