Samsung Galaxy S Aviator?

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006
Anybody with US Cellular have this? What are your thoughts? Right now I have the HTC Merge and really love it, but would like to get onto 4G. Just wondering whether I should hold out for more phones.....

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I don't have one, but it definitely looks nice. I will be in the market soon for a new phone so I'll keep my eyes posted on this thread :yes:

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Just got mine the other day. Using it right now to write this. Only complaint so far is battery life. Otherwise I love it

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Posting from it right now. Love it. Battery life might be a little questionable..but I've also been on it pretty much all day since I got it on Thursday. Love the 4G speed though.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
How much internal space do you have for apps? I have the Desire at the moment and I only have 150MB of space for apps. Granted, I can put some on my 8GB SD card, but still my device fills up fast!

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I was disappointed their first LTE phone was going to be like the Charge. I hate the buttons at the bottom. But, Verizon and Sprint's service and pricing is "a joke" so I went back to US Cell. Didn't bother with AT&T. My phone will do about anything a "new" one will without it being the latest and greatest. People seem to forget US Cell is a smaller company so of course they are going to be behind at little. But they are not as far behind as they used to be. Give it up.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
Anybody with US Cellular have this? What are your thoughts? Right now I have the HTC Merge and really love it, but would like to get onto 4G. Just wondering whether I should hold out for more phones.....

hold off and wait. my mom just got it and i am not impressed. i have the 3G motorola electrify and it is just as fast. Samsung wears out quick. Hold out for sure.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I'm due for a new phone as well (with USCell) but will have to make some more money before I let myself buy one. I have the Samsung Acclaim and it's been alright but starting to become very slow even after completely resetting it.

Anyway, of the US Cellular phones available right now what would you say is the best? Or are there any coming out soon that you know of that I should wait for?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm due for a new phone as well (with USCell) but will have to make some more money before I let myself buy one. I have the Samsung Acclaim and it's been alright but starting to become very slow even after completely resetting it.

Anyway, of the US Cellular phones available right now what would you say is the best? Or are there any coming out soon that you know of that I should wait for?

I went from an acclaim to the aviator...huge difference! The acclaim is very slow and freezes a lot. The only problem I have so far in the aviator is battery life in which I think I fixed by reducing the time the screen stays on after inactivity. If you have the money and you are due for a new phone, get the aviator! The 4G alone makes it worth it!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
After knowing someone with a razor maxx, it's going to be hard for me not buy one just based on battery life alone. None of the current 4g phones are even close.