NFL: Sage the Rage Released

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Good for Sage, one of the most underrated Iowa State players of all time. Most at the time didn't believe he was NFL material, 11 years later he is still in the league.

JohnnyAppleseed

Nov 30, 2008
Make it happen in Miami Sage...Cyclone Nation is behind you!

I'm a Dolphins fan, so I'm pumped Sage is there. I'm a bit torn though, this season is basically over for us, so I was hoping they could win the Luck Lottery.

So win Sage, just not too much.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I hope Sage can do something at Miami. He is a backup QB, that is for sure, but he has had his moments also. The Vikings really screwed him over when the traded him and kept T-Jack. I don't care how many team have traded for him or that he is still active, the guy stinks, and the only reason that the Vikings didn't trade him away instead of Sage is that nobody wanted him. T-Jack has to be one of those guys that rips it up in practices, be falls apart in games. Every time I saw him play he looked lost out there.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I'm a Dolphins fan, so I'm pumped Sage is there. I'm a bit torn though, this season is basically over for us, so I was hoping they could win the Luck Lottery.

So win Sage, just not too much.

I don't think we have to worry about him pulling out an amazing comeback season for us. That being said, at least it gives me a reason to watch the games.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Hopefully this ends the Henne era in Miami, he is just horrible.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
There's a difference between being a bandwagon fan and wanting to see them do well because, well, they are notoriously awful. That said, I would never attach a lions emblem on anything of mine.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Come on Sage. Get Miami just enough wins to prevent them from getting Andrew Luck!

Why do you care? The Broncos are your team and they wouldn't draft Luck. The Lions are your bandwagon team and they are not going to have the first pick.

I hope Sage becomes the starter in a couple weeks and he does really well, but I still hope the Dolphins lose so they can get Andrew Luck and a new coach. If they start winning, I hope to God they don't draft Matt Barkley. He is not franchise QB material. I think Landry Jones could be at some point. Being a Dolphin fan and seeing how terrible they have drafted since Marino retired, as well as poorly handle the QB situation (Culpepper, Feeley, Huard, Feidler, Henne, White, Beck), they will draft Barkley because they always find a way to **** everything up.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
No kidding. How long do we have to go without a decent QB? That and a fresh RB. :mad:

Thinking about it, they were poorly managed during the Marino era. They never drafted or went after any help for Dan. Kareem Abdul Jabbar (the RB), a first round pick on John Avery, a first round pick on slow O.J. McDuffie (granted he was decent when healthy). Just wait until draft day and watch them pass on quality players to draft crap players like Jason Allen (who missed his senior year at Tennessee because of an injury) or Ted Ginn Jr. in the first round.

They go ahead and pick a guy who is a risk in Allen, but pass on Brees and go with Culpepper because at the time Brees was a risk because of an injured shoulder. Stupid Dolphins.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm confused, are you a Broncos fan or a Lions fan? Or are you a Broncos fan hitched on to the Lions bandwagon because your team sucks?

I'm adopting the lions until Denver gets a REAL QB. Plus Lions are like the ISU of the NFL so I can relate to them.