NFL: Sage the Rage Released

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Didn't Minnesota's offensive cord go to Seattle? Jackson should be starting in Arena League.

So, how many coaches does T-jack have snowed? There was Childress, Bevell, Frazier (while he was interim), and now Pete Carroll, too? That's four guys paid big money to evaluate football players and put the best ones on the field. And somehow, T-Jack has them convinced he should start games for them, despite the risks to their careers and him having a talent level befitting an arena league player. Makes sense to me. He obviously majored in Hypnotism while at Alabama State.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyCrazy

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Giants released Sage Rosenfels...think he catches a flight to Miami?

Some team better put Sage in a cage before a rage like a mage ensues; it's hard to gauge but I think Sage is showing some age. Hopefully there is another page onstage in the book of Sage's career.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Some team better put Sage in a cage before a rage like a mage ensues; it's hard to gauge but I think Sage is showing some age. Hopefully there is another page onstage in the book of Sage's career.

He is one year younger than Brady and about the same exact build. If anything I bet he is saving himself for a good team.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Yeah he fumbled with 2:40 left which led to a Wayne TD then threw a pick on the last drive. Indy scored 21 points in 2 mins and 10 seconds to take the lead and win. That would have been a sad day for a Texan fan

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Mr Janny said:
So, how many coaches does T-jack have snowed? There was Childress, Bevell, Frazier (while he was interim), and now Pete Carroll, too? That's four guys paid big money to evaluate football players and put the best ones on the field. And somehow, T-Jack has them convinced he should start games for them, despite the risks to their careers and him having a talent level befitting an arena league player. Makes sense to me. He obviously majored in Hypnotism while at Alabama State.

I would have to say that Alex Smith's fooling head coaches is more impressive.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I don't see what Miami thinks it's going to do? They would be really dumb to not give him a call. The truth is, Sage won't catch a break if he signs with Miami. He'd be better off going somewhere else as a back up that has some sort of offensive talent, so he can hope the starter there breaks a leg or something.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Sage was put on injured reserve, so he couldn't play for the rest of the year with the Giants. I know he felt like his back was not a season ending injury, so maybe they gave him an outright release/injury settlement so he can try and hook up with another NFL team.

IF I was him, I'd be proud of what I accomplished (11 year pro) and look to open a new chapter in life. Sage was an excellent QB, he'll be great at other things too.

Reactions: SNEDDS3

jgfeilmeier

Oct 19, 2009
So when Favre went down, where was Sage? He couldn't even surpass Tarvaris on the depth chart, and god knows Tarvaris wasn't an NFL quarterback 90% of the time. Childress was an idiot but he wasn't trying to intentionally throw crappy guys out there. He ended up losing his job so I highly doubt he's THAT stupid.

he was an idiot. sage had a beter preseason than jackson but got rid of sage because he could get more for him than he would get for jackson on the trade

Last edited:

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Sage was put on injured reserve, so he couldn't play for the rest of the year with the Giants. I know he felt like his back was not a season ending injury, so maybe they gave him an outright release/injury settlement so he can try and hook up with another NFL team.

IF I was him, I'd be proud of what I accomplished (11 year pro) and look to open a new chapter in life. Sage was an excellent QB, he'll be great at other things too.

+1 Rep

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
he was an idiot. sage had a beeter preseason yhan jackson but got rid of sage because he could get more for him than he would get for jackson onthe trade

very debatable. Sage did well, that year, but he faced mostly second team defenses, while T-Jack played against first teamers. And, pre-season performance does not determine who is the better player. It's only a small part.

Beyond that, they were battling to be Favre's backup. It had nothing to do with trade value. Neither had very much at all. It had everything to do with salary. Sage was making more money, having been signed to a decent FA deal the year prior. A 3rd string QB wasn't worth the money. T-Jack was still on his rookie contract. it wasn't a tough choice.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
This. Sage has had 10 years to make a splash. He hasn't done it. Some Clone fans seem to think he's gotten a screw job over the years. It's just not true. He's had a nice career as a backup, is probably set for life, financially, and has been mostly able to keep his health. That's plenty good.

I don't think he's been screwed, but he seems to have had some bad luck, but as another poster mentioned, 11 years in the league as a backup is nothing to sneeze at. He never would have been a star, but I would have liked to see him get a little more PT.

As for Jackson, I don't follow the Vikes close enough, but he seemed like a great physical specimen, and that is the type of guy that they will give as many chances as they can.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Sage needs to go into broadcasting in maybe the Big XII network or at least FOX College Football. I'm sure he's smart and probably well spoken and could not be any worse than many I have seen on tv.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
With Chad Henne done for season, Dolphins now plan to sign former Giants QB Sage Rosenfels. Adam Schefter
Headed to Miami

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
IF I was him, I'd be proud of what I accomplished (11 year pro) and look to open a new chapter in life.

Why? As long as he can find a roster spot, he'll find himself in one of two spots:
1) Fulfilling a lifelong dream of being a starting NFL QB and making some really good money
2) Keeping his risk of injury (and future health problems) low by being a backup and making some really good money

IMHO, he should keep playing until nobody wants him anymore.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron