Sage Rosenfels--Looks Like A Pro Bowl QB

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
i think it's about time that the some team finally realizes that sage is actually a very good quarterback. he is the type of quarterback that a team would want. big and strong and can make pretty much any throw accurately. Good for sage!!

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
Definitely a huge stretch. He looks like someone who could contend for a starting job. Thats a LONG way from pro-bowl, but its still impressive. There aren't that many athletes in the world you can say that about.

sloaner

Apr 19, 2006
Indianola, IA
all he has proven to this point is that he is a servicable backup. a lot of teams woul love him, but not many of those would want him as a starter.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
I disagree. Big Ben made the Pro Bowl. Sage is, no doubt, equal to him. A lot of it depends on who is blocking for you, who you're throwing to, and who's chewing up yards on the ground.

Big Ben has the second best QB rating in the entire NFL!

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
My point exactly. Would you rather have him, Manning, Favre, or Brees? Numbers don't mean much.

I'm assuming your talking about the good Manning from Indianapolis as apposed to that other guy from New York.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
My point exactly. Would you rather have him, Manning, Favre, or Brees? Numbers don't mean much.

Wow, you sure are making some awesome points. Last I checked Big Ben had 1 superbowl ring in 2 full years of play, is the second ranked passer in the NFL this season, the only QB in NFL history to win the super bowl his rookie year, the first QB ever to lead his team to the conference championship game in his first two seasons, has more regular season and playoff wins at this stage of his career than any quarterback in NFL history.

But like you said Sage is "no doubt, easily as good," because lets face it, numbers and wins and rings "don't mean much."

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Wow, you sure are making some awesome points. Last I checked Big Ben had 1 superbowl ring in 2 full years of play, is the second ranked passer in the NFL this season, the only QB in NFL history to win the super bowl his rookie year, the first QB ever to lead his team to the conference championship game in his first two seasons, has more regular season and playoff wins at this stage of his career than any quarterback in NFL history.

But like you said Sage is "no doubt, easily as good," because lets face it, numbers and wins and rings "don't mean much."

While I agree with you that he is better than Sage, you may want to check your "facts"

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA

Holy crap are you his agent? It's all about the situation you are in. Let's see how he does without Parker in the coming weeks. Heck, Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
Holy crap are you his agent? It's all about the situation you are in. Let's see how he does without Parker in the coming weeks. Heck, Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl.

Good point, I am not sure if Tom Brady is better than Sage either, it could just be a better situation.

ajjohnson

Sep 25, 2006
And he did so well in that Superbowl. 9 completions, 2 picks, threw less TDs than his starting WR.:rolleyes:

Yeah, he sucked really bad in those playoffs. The road win he had over Peyton Manning in Indianapolis where he threw for more TD's than Peyton was embarassing for him. That wasn't a good performance. Just a "good situation," to be able to play against Peyton Manning on the road in the playoffs and beat him. And of course we don't even really know if Peyton is good at all, he could jsut be in a good situation too.

Last edited:

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA
Yeah, he sucked really bad in those playoffs. The road win he had over Peyton Manning in Indianapolis where he threw for more TD's than Peyton was embarassing for him. That wasn't a good performance. Just a "good situation," to be able to play against Peyton Manning on the road in the playoffs.

So If you were starting a team you would take Ben over Peyton?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron