S1/Handicap parking

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
What's the best way to get into the S1 lot when it's busy? From the South on University? Or the North? Or can you get in on the West side somehow?

Do not try to come down from the North, Beach St. is horrible on the West side of the stadium from the North. If coming from highway 30 off at University, and then get in the left lane, turn on Mortenson, going West. Stay in the right lane, and turn quickly going North on Beach. The first turn back to the east is the lot. There will be a person guarding the gate, just tell them where you are wanting to go and they will wave you down the hill and into the lot.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
A couple of things, my daughter has CP, and we take her to tailgate with us at the games. We started parking in the handicapped lot about 5 years ago, before that we parked on the grass lots by Hilton.
The new lot is S1, if you get there by 9:00 to 9:30, you will be fine. But if you have a handicap sticker, even if the lot is full, by state and federal law they have to provide parking for you. Last year the overflow for handicapped they sent to S1, a couple of times and once to S4 or S5. That happened to us once.
They also can ask you to verify that your sticker and drivers license is the same, but rarely do A couple of years ago that gal said "where is your sticker?" and I told her "we do not have a sticker, we have the license plate on the front and back of the van." She then wanted to see my daughters licenses to verify that she was indeed handicapped. I told her with a little anger in my voice, that my daughter is right behind me in her wheelchair, that I am her father, and if you do not allow us to park here, in the handicapped lot, I will not be moving without speaking to your supervisor. I then rolled down the van window and told her to look at my daughter in her wheelchair.
She gave us the pass and we went into park, since then they have really been nice when we roll up.

After 40 years, I can be a prick about people messing with me parking with my daughter in the van. Its state and federal law, they have to park you close to the stadium, if the lot is full , they have to find parking for you in the high dollar lots.
Go, take the handicapped person and enjoy your day and the game.
Can I just say thank you for this post, I recently just received my handicap permit, due to an injury. Most of the time I try to not use it, because If I can park just a little farther away I feel like there might be someone else that needs it more. But with big events or places like the zoo or other places I am unable to walk long extended distances. So, I really need it for things like this.
I have actually not been to a game for a couple years because of this, and I hope to in the future be able to get back to going to more games.
My niece is on the Dance team and my sister has season tickets, something I don't have right now because of my situation, but she is not using them for the LAM game and allowing me to use them, this is also allowing me to bring our mother who is also handicapped do to cancer in her leg, to see her Granddaughter dance, plus bring my daughter.
Having the handicap parking really is the only way we would be able to go right now, and allows us a chance to do this. Hopefully, our situation changes but these handicap spots are really important, and knowing how they work really helps.
I do know sometimes people give you dirty looks when they don't understand really what you are going through.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron