Misc: Ryder Cup Captain's Picks

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The last time we won the Ryder Cup in 2008, Tiger didn't play due to injury.

The 2008 team rookies: Anthony Kim, JB Holmes, Boo Weekly, Hunter Mahan, Ben Curtis, and Steve Stricker.

Everyone said we would get bombed in 2008, and this team won with 1/2 the team being rookies.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land

The 2008 team rookies: Anthony Kim, JB Holmes, Boo Weekly, Hunter Mahan, Ben Curtis, and Steve Stricker.

Everyone said we would get bombed in 2008, and this team won with 1/2 the team being rookies.
Whatever happened to Anthony Kim?

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

At Valhalla...

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i'd go with sneds (watson loves him), keegan (phil will lobby hard), and mahan (past experience/great in match play).

love it when we're underdogs, should be fun to watch!

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
i'd go with sneds (watson loves him), keegan (phil will lobby hard), and mahan (past experience/great in match play).

love it when we're underdogs, should be fun to watch!

When was the last time we weren't? We haven't been favorites since at least 1999.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Whatever happened to Anthony Kim?

According to Wikipedia he tore his ACL, spent a few years trying to recover and gave up golf all together. Like, not just competitive golf, but threw his clubs away and hasn't played at all.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Well, I hope whatever ails Zach gets fixed and soon. He got in, I think, on the basis of his very strong beginning of the year, which of course starts in the fall. He played extremely well until the early part of March, but since then, with one or two exceptions, he has played poorly. We need him to get back on track.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
According to Wikipedia he tore his ACL, spent a few years trying to recover and gave up golf all together. Like, not just competitive golf, but threw his clubs away and hasn't played at all.

He too has major issues with drugs, alcohol and partying. Sad, because he and Dustin are two insanely talented guys.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
I'm a big Tiger fan and I wouldn't pick him. It's not the injury either. I wouldn't pick him as he hasn't played enough competitive golf lately and throwing him in the Ryder Cup isn't a good idea. IF Watson picks him though, it would be hard to kill him. This is arguably the greatest player of all time and someone who was the PGA player of the year LAST YEAR.

With that said, I really doubt he does pick him, and I wouldn't. Give me Keegan, Snedeker, and Stricker (if he will play). Keegan loves the competition and Snedeker/Stricker can sink those long putts that kill their oppositions will.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
And Tiger had back surgery 4 months ago yet it was fine to question whether he was really hurt. FWIW, I have nothing against what Duf did, just how everyone covers every move Tiger makes way different than anyone else.
This makes no sense, I don't think tiger should have played at all this year after that surgery. Pretty evident after he cries after every swing

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If Tom Watson picks Tiger Woods, then it can only mean that he doesn't care about winning the Ryder Cup and has been told he basically MUST pick him for TV ratings. That would be the only explanation at this point.

There is no way in the world you could pick Tiger Woods right now for any other reason. And I'm a fan of Tiger Woods, but he's been playing just awful lately. He can't find the fairway at all with the driver.

Help Support Us

Become a patron