Ryan Anderson Visiting May 2nd

gocy1

Jun 30, 2006
Tumbleweeds, aging resorts, smog in the valley, south of the border infiltrators, Del Webb retirement villages and black dust storms. Ugh.

Yeah, I live in one of those DW villages. The smog does suck and the dust storms are worse than whiteouts. I'd stick with Ames until you are at least 50.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
There is this article announcing his transfer. It may not be clear if he would have to sit out a year or not, because of the coaching change at BC as part of the reason behind his transfer.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2014/...ball-ryan-anderson-announces-he-will-transfer

A line from the article:
It remains unclear where Anderson will land as well as whether he'll have to sit out a season before playing out the last of his eligibility.

I think he is a good player, and probably worth pursuing even if he has to sit a year, but if he can play next year, this makes a lot more sense to me. He would be available to take McKay's place until McKay is eligible second semester, plus would provide substantial back up for the front court. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Last edited:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
So is this credible 2015-2016 rosterbation material then?

Rosterbation is already at a high level. If Ryan Anderson commits it will lead to simultaneous, mass rostergasms. Possibly followed by periods of rosterchafing.

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
There is this article announcing his transfer. It may not be clear if he would have to sit out a year or not, because of the coaching change at BC as part of the reason behind his transfer.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2014/...ball-ryan-anderson-announces-he-will-transfer

A line from the article:
It remains unclear where Anderson will land as well as whether he'll have to sit out a season before playing out the last of his eligibility.

I think he is a good player, and probably worth pursuing even if he has to sit a year, but if he can play next year, this makes a lot more sense to me. He would be available to take McKay's place until McKay is eligible second semester, plus would provide substantial back up for the front court. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

I think he will redshirt no matter what if he chooses to have shoulder surgery.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
IN '15-'16 we would basically have 5 guys splitting the time at the 3-5 spots in Niang, McKay, Nader, Anderson, and Williams, with Morris and Custer manning the point, and Naz and Matt handling the shooting guard. Plus you have SDW getting some minutes at the 2 and the 3. That is a final 4 team right there.

My only concern is that I am guessing a guy like Anderson is looking for a place where he can go and start right away. I don't think Fred could come anywhere close to guaranteeing that with the other 4 guys there.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
IN '15-'16 we would basically have 5 guys splitting the time at the 3-5 spots in Niang, McKay, Nader, Anderson, and Williams, with Morris and Custer manning the point, and Naz and Matt handling the shooting guard. Plus you have SDW getting some minutes at the 2 and the 3. That is a final 4 team right there.

My only concern is that I am guessing a guy like Anderson is looking for a place where he can go and start right away. I don't think Fred could come anywhere close to guaranteeing that with the other 4 guys there.

You never know. A guy like Anderson may just want to play on a winning team for once in his career, which he has not been close to at BC. He also may be looking to give himself one last chance at developing for a pro career, and getting some attention along those lines.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
You never know. A guy like Anderson may just want to play on a winning team for once in his career, which he has not been close to at BC. He also may be looking to give himself one last chance at developing for a pro career, and getting some attention along those lines.

Yep, if Anderson wants a better chance at $, playing in system that does not keep him in a rigid PF role would help.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

May be a tough sell. He may also crave winning which is in Fred's wheelhouse.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So we would have are next big transfer already to go for 2015-2016 (apart from Williams)...sounds good to me

The meltdown on Hawkeyenation would be comical once again if he were to transfer here.

Honestly though...I just see him in a Zona uniform

Is it truly a meltdown if all 8 posters over there melt down? Tumbleweeds over there. Tumbleweeds.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron