Rutgers Coach

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
This ain't intramurals baby!

Seriously, it isn't. I don't agree with any racial slurs that may have been thrown around by the guy, but as far as the physical way he coaches, if they have a problem with that, thank God they never met any of my football coaches growing up and through High school. I didn't see him do anything that was going to kill anyone or disable them, so, imo, grow a pair and don't **** up and the coach won't be throwing **** at you, verbally or physically. I am really blown away by the pussification of the United States.

Last edited:

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

Seriously, it isn't. I don't agree with any racial slurs that may have been thrown around by the guy, but as far as the physical way he coaches, if they have a problem with that, thank God they never met any of my football coaches growing up and through High school. I didn't see him do anything that was going to kill anyone or disable them, so, imo, grow a pair and don't **** up and the coach won't be throwing **** at you, verbally or physically. I am really blown away by the pussification of the United States.

While I agree with you to an extent, I don't agree with the ball throwing and throwing at the head. I'd be gone if I was one of those players.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
As if we needed another reason to be glad that we have Fred Hoiberg as a coach,
~~~~~~~
I agree, but if you have a coach who wins back-2-back B12 the fan base gives him a lot of slack.

jabalke

Nov 22, 2012

You can't seriously think this is ok. Just because "that's the way it is" in America with a lot of coaches doesn't mean it's acceptable. I know the whole "what if this was your son" is a cliche, but seriously think about it. Nobody should have to take this kind of degrading behavior from their coach, and what's worse is they can't say a thing about it in fear of losing their scholarship.

I know their AD handled this situation **** poor, but he has to fire the coach now. He for some reason considered this to not be morally reprehensible enough to fire him then, but if their basketball program wants to keep a shred of respect, and if the AD wants to keep his job, Rice will be gone.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Bad post. America is soft - but this is over the line in all aspects.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz

Kicking players is acceptable? Throwing fastballs at them is acceptable? I don't have a problem with a good *** chewing once in a while, a lot of times that's what a player needs. But physically assaulting a student athlete? Come on man!

You say if they don't **** up they won't have to worry about getting **** thrown at them? Well what if I'm your boss and you fill out some paperwork incorrectly. Is it acceptable in the workplace for me to grab the stapler off your desk and bounce it off your face? NO! The same concept applies with this coach. Not only is it unprofessional, it is over the line no matter how you look at it.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Is it acceptable in the workplace for me to grab the stapler off your desk and bounce it off your face?

633815170510035260-ibelieveyouhavemystapler.jpg

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
This is over the line, but things like this take care of themselves. He didn't hurt anything but their feelings. When he loses all his players to a run of transfers he won't win and he will be canned.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Push me, fine. Throw a ball at me, and expect me to throw it back.

Who throws a ball at someone? What a jerk.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I am really blown away by the pussification of the United States.

There are a lot of good things to say this about, but this is not one of them.

Coach has to be canned and the AD may have his job on the line if it turns out he knew all of this before and waited to act until it was public.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Push me, fine. Throw a ball at me, and expect me to throw it back.

Who throws a ball at someone? What a jerk.

Right. I could understand throwing it hard at a player's chest to get their attention, but throwing it at their legs, head or blind side them with it from behind? The guy has some issues. I don't have an issue with a bit of pushing if it is pushing them into position and maybe a wake up push, but this certainly looked like he had a big habit of doing it.