• Run a mile

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Drink a beer

Votes: 46 86.8%

• Total voters

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I should be the healthiest person on the planet. Oh wait, moderate drinking. That's no fun.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I've been watching Headline News pretty much all day and I tend to think it's more wine-specific than all alcohols. The maltose in beer (the worse type of sugar your body could possibly consume, although that doesn't stop me from downing a beer every once in awhile :wink:) will likely offset any of the positive effects of drinking the alcohol.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
May need to get one of those "beer runs" going, where the more beer you drink the more time you get knocked off your mile :wink:

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Has anyone tried drinking a beer and then running a mile. Believe me if you want to retain the "benefits" of drinking the beer, I would recomend running the mile first.

I'll drink water before I run the mile, and drink the beer after I finish running the mile.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I've been watching Headline News pretty much all day and I tend to think it's more wine-specific than all alcohols. The maltose in beer (the worse type of sugar your body could possibly consume, although that doesn't stop me from downing a beer every once in awhile :wink:) will likely offset any of the positive effects of drinking the alcohol.

Yeah I've been wondering this too. Some say drinking hard liqour like Jack or Captain with Diet coke is better than a beer but I brought the question about is the caffiene and sodium a better tradeoff than the carbs and stuff that come with drinking beer? A can of light beer on the average is about 110 calories while a shot of Captain Morgan is 60 calories and the diet pop is 0 calories. I probably mix my Captain or Jack stronger than 1 shot a drink so probably closer to 80+ calories with how I mix it usually.

Anymore someone says something is good or bad for you when in reality I'm not sure any of them really know for sure just HOW good or bad it really is. Some things may contain something that is good for you but also comes with something that can be bad. It's probably all about balanced diet and right exercise in the long run.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
If I run a mile and then drink a beer will I live even longer? That sounds like the most fun!

Help Support Us

Become a patron