Royce White sighting - Feature in Washington Post

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I have a friend who's son was friends with Royce in college, and he said Royce really didn't care that much about basketball, was more interested in his writing music and poetry. Still, probably the most talent guy ISU ever had on the court. Just crazy talented.
Motivation and direction (in basketball) were always the issue for Royce. When he was bought in and motivated he was as good as anyone in the country in his age group.

Off the court he has made some major missteps, some of which have come to light and some that haven't. I've heard enough from really credible people about his time at ISU that I can't support him on or off the court.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And in the Star Tribune here this morning. Also gotten mentions on the local stations covering all of this.

image.ashx

Guess they will have the Washington Post piece in the Star Tribune soon. They have an exchange thing between the papers which allows the Strib to get D.C. federal and world coverage while focusing their reporters regionally. It's a good model and has kept the Strib alive and well as a major paper.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Who is ignoring this? This heinous act has been universally condemned by pretty much everyone. The only people ignoring this is this psycho officer’s superiors. That person should have been fired many times for past transgressions but he was allowed to keep his job. I don’t agree with the 3rd degree murder charge, should be second degree but I’m hoping they tack on enough other charges that it won’t matter. Then I hope they stick that bastard into the general population without protection.

Well except for the coroner

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I have a friend who's son was friends with Royce in college, and he said Royce really didn't care that much about basketball, was more interested in his writing music and poetry. Still, probably the most talent guy ISU ever had on the court. Just crazy talented.

I'd give my left nut, and your left nut, and someone's left ovary to have talent to piss away.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Hard to walk the line on the topic between cave and non cave here, but I think Royce has the intelligence, ability to articulate thoughts and personality to be a positive leader for a cause that is in need of some leadership.

That is as long as he keeps focused and doesn't go off into the weeds on vague side topics.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Hard to walk the line on the topic between cave and non cave here, but I think Royce has the intelligence, ability to articulate thoughts and personality to be a positive leader for a cause that is in need of some leadership.

That is as long as he keeps focused and doesn't go off into the weeds on vague side topics.

He's made it about ****** and ***** based on the article. It's intellectually lazy to blame hundreds of years of bad policy, bad politics, corruption and pandering at one man's feet.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I appreciate that Royce is trying to help make some positive changes in the community, but I struggle to support him in a leadership role in this situation. As mentioned by others, he has difficulties with direction, motivation, focus and responsibility at times.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
And in the Star Tribune here this morning. Also gotten mentions on the local stations covering all of this.

image.ashx

Guess they will have the Washington Post piece in the Star Tribune soon. They have an exchange thing between the papers which allows the Strib to get D.C. federal and world coverage while focusing their reporters regionally. It's a good model and has kept the Strib alive and well as a major paper.

This event was perfect for Royce. If George Floyd was known to be struggling with mental illness, then that would have been over the top for Royce.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Thankful for everything Royce did for ISU basketball, but I've really lost any interest in him over the years. Seems like a it's never my fault excuses excuses excuses kind of person. Oh, and listening to him speak is almost unbearable. I couldn't even finish listening to the podcast he did with CW a few years back, listening to him drone on about nothing gave me a migraine. He just seems like he goes thru life looking for something to complain and struggle against.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
We're not going to discuss the merits or issues with riots or protests

This was offered by BoxsterCy post #22.............

image.ashx

......so what should we to discuss?

A. The merits of wearing a suit to a protest
B. Is that the proper tie for such an occasion
C. Does the mask match his ensemble
D. How much did his ensemble cost
E. Whoa, who is the girl in the white blouse
F. All of the above

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

image.ashx

F. All of the above

There have been plenty of posts ITT about Royce as an ambassador, the appropriateness thereof, his career since ISU, and any other number of topics appropriate for the *checks thread location* MEN'S BASKETBALL forum.

May 27, 2020

image.ashx

F. All of the above
E: The one with her belly pushing out over her pants?

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
He was as amazing passer. It's hard to easily find a ton of footage, but dude was no slouch with the ball.

F: A suit without a belt isn't proper if it has belt loops, but it's Royce so it will pass.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Right, he wanted to push a valuable message but as a nobody. All he had to do was play and keep his head on straight and he could have helped his cause a lot.