Royce White in NBL

Kami6348

Aug 12, 2016
We spend the summers in Southern Ontario. Some friends of ours had 4 court side seats to last nights game, the opening game of the league championship. Royce was MVP of the league and the Lightning had by far the best record in the league. We wore our Cyclone shirts, Royce saw us as we took our seats, came over and welcomed us, a nice touch on his part. It seemed to me that he had a quiet night but he ended up with 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and a block. Played some good defense at the end when the Lightning pulled away to win 105-97. The atmosphere is a bit like a minor league baseball game. All the players come out after the game to sign autographs. We were able to chat a bit with Royce. He seemed very comfortable. Said he was a Cyclone forever

If you want to see a bit of Royce in action the games are live streamed on Youtube. Here’s a link to the NBL website which gets you to the stream. http://www.nblcanada.com

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Love that he has found somewhere to be successful and hopefully happy. RW probably had more plays that would make my jaw drop than just about any other cyclone since maybe Fizer. The dude is just a straight up baller.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Without a doubt probably one of if the not the most special athlete to wear the ISU jersey. Dude was just awe inspiring to watch. I'll always remember the mad trash talk we got from UCONN fans, where we informed them of Mr White before the match up. He then proceeds to take the first possession of the game full court and blows by their two big men and dunks the crap out of the ball. Game on men...

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Without a doubt probably one of if the not the most special athlete to wear the ISU jersey. Dude was just awe inspiring to watch. I'll always remember the mad trash talk we got from UCONN fans, where we informed them of Mr White before the match up. He then proceeds to take the first possession of the game full court and blows by their two big men and dunks the crap out of the ball. Game on men...

ISU has had a few better players, but Royce was ISU's #1 "must watch" guy. There are very, very few people with the combination of skills he had, and he made everything look so easy.