Royce White featured on next week's HBO Real Sports

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The light in the Anxiety limelight is dimming. People are ready to move onto more interesting topics like imaginary girlfriends and lifetime doping.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Excuse me if this was posted guys didn't read all 7 pages on this topic but is there a replay of the HBO interview anywhere that can be downloaded or linked to watch. Thanks.

... Also wanted to add that IMO people need to stop questioning other people's knowledge and understanding of anxiety disorders and mental illness. It's different for everyone and in working with the emotionally disturbed and delinquent personalities for over 25 years I have often seen the anxiety disorder as a personality result of a possible major PTSD event that has happened. Maybe, maybe not. I know I battled a significant fear of flying about 10 years ago and I would do anything to avoid flying and suffered through some scary flights gripping the seat but finally got over it.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

This interview was interesting. It was probably the most informative of anything I've heard from Royce yet.

Highlights:

He hasn't been paid yet.
He already disengaged before being assigned and refusing to go to the D League.
He submitted a protocol. [Then, make it public. Let's see it.]
He says McHale doesn't run the team. McHale handles basketball, but isn't the team's business leader.
He said the player's contract is vague regarding mental health. [Then, why isn't he bashing the union as much as management, especially since the union is supposed to represent him.]
He compares his situation with that of Magic Johnson when AIDS wasn't well understood.

In his banter with the hosts, he said he just called in when he heard them talking about him. He said "I like to do spontaneous things." Yet, his main criticism against the Rockets is that they were "making it up as we go" with regard to him. Seems like his PR strategy is essentially his impulsive tendencies and they haven't served him very well.

He says he expected to return and play in the D League by Feb 11th after they "get the paperwork done." [So, apparently he is able to get some sort of supplemental agreement beyond the standard player's contract.]