ROYCE to Rockets: Details on a tense evening in Ames

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Jun 11, 2010
Urbandale, IA
I actually had a good feeling that the Rockets would take Royce based on the relationship with McHale and Hoiberg and the fact that they really need lots of young talent (plus their plan to stockpile picks for Dwight Howard wasn't going to work). This could work out really well for Royce if the Rockets can follow the Thunder blueprint of finding quality players in the draft. Great franchise with a history of championships. I'm a new Rockets fan! Not sure I would have taken Jeremy Lamb before Royce White, but I'm no NBA GM. Funny that they end up on the same team. Go Royce, represent yourself and ISU well!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I actually had a good feeling that the Rockets would take Royce based on the relationship with McHale and Hoiberg and the fact that they really need lots of young talent (plus their plan to stockpile picks for Dwight Howard wasn't going to work). This could work out really well for Royce if the Rockets can follow the Thunder blueprint of finding quality players in the draft. Great franchise with a history of championships. I'm a new Rockets fan! Not sure I would have taken Jeremy Lamb before Royce White, but I'm no NBA GM. Funny that they end up on the same team. Go Royce, represent yourself and ISU well!

I can cheer for the Rockets. Just remember that the Thunder had three top 5 picks to get where they are. The Rockets probably won't be there for a few years but I agree and I think they are on the right track.