Royce Quote on Kid-Gilchrist

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I disagree with Royce. I think MKG is the real deal and will be a NBA star, but to each his own.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Love it!

Pablo S. Torre ‏@SIPabloTorre
Royce, on Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: "I don't like that kid. He's too hyped up. He's not as good as they think he is. He's a kid. I'm a man."

He is right. Royce a lot better player.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He is right. Royce a lot better player.

He's not a lot better player. Royce needs to get put on the right team with the right pieces to find his ceiling. MKG could go to any team in the NBA and be at least a contributor but likely start. He is incredibly athletic and competitive not to mention how hard he will work. Upside-Pippen, Floor-Bowen. I like Royce but he's not a better prospect than MKG at this point.

sportsfreak77

May 1, 2011
Urbandale/Ames
Before the UK game Royce tweeted something along the lines of, "What happens when a KIDD jumps into a Lion's den #LandOfLions" Or something to that affect. lol

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think Royce could learn a thing or two from Kidd-Gilchrist about being hyped up. I think we have a couple more wins this year if Royce was as aggressive as he was against Kentucky all year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Pretty unnecessary comments from Royce, and out of character for someone who has only shown class as a Cyclone. MKG is a better pro prospect than Royce with a higher ceiling and the draft will prove that but as of right now Royce has a better all around game. I think both are great players and are really unique in that they can both impact games through ways other than scoring.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I would rather Royce left his talking to the court. Not that it really matters in the scheme of things.

clonebanker

Mar 15, 2012
Okay so the guy that writes for catsillustrated claims that it is a good thing for a man to leave a pregnant woman behind and move several states away? That must be standard operating procedure for Kentucky. Royce had too much class to do that.
Conclusion can only be that the Kentucky writer is a true " Kentucky blue" chauvinist pig!
And let's all try to control our tears because MKG overcame a fear of public speaking. Most fifth graders learn to do that - oh wait........what was the average grade point of the Kentucky team - if they actually went to class.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Probably not a comment that Royce needed to make. However, it has to be a little disappointing that Royce's anxiety issues are preventing him from being a lottery selection.

Additionally, in case anyone from Kentucky is interested in the facts....Kidd-Gilchrist was an absolute non-factor against Iowa State in the 2nd round. 1-4 from the field with two points, seven rebounds and two turnovers. I will call a performance like that pedestrian at best.

On the flip side, Royce scored 23 (on 9-12 shooting) grabbed 9 rebounds and dished out four assists against the best team in the country. Kentucky certainly has "scoreboard" but that win was based on the talent of Marcus Teague and Anthony Davis not on Kidd-Gilchrist.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
Probably not a comment that Royce needed to make. However, it has to be a little disappointing that Royce's anxiety issues are preventing him from being a lottery selection.

Additionally, in case anyone from Kentucky is interested in the facts....Kidd-Gilchrist was an absolute non-factor against Iowa State in the 2nd round. 1-4 from the field with two points, seven rebounds and two turnovers. I will call a performance like that pedestrian at best.

On the flip side, Royce scored 23 (on 9-12 shooting) grabbed 9 rebounds and dished out four assists against the best team in the country. Kentucky certainly has "scoreboard" but that win was based on the talent of Marcus Teague and Anthony Davis not on Kidd-Gilchrist.

Preach!

CycloneKC

Jan 13, 2010

Well said. If you rewatch the game Royce stuffed MKG not once but twice each time MKG challenged Royce. Also vividly remember Royce with a spin around easy dunk on MkG and a full length of the court drive and dunk in MKGs face.

UK had 6 NBA draft picks on that team and a coach that has been caught cheating more than once. If we had 2 or 3 Royces on that team I think we beat them. The writer for cat illustrated is obviously upset as Royce outplayed all the overrated six in convincing fashion.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
They played against each other in high school. Just a heated rivalry, everyone has that person they played against that they don't like. I can think of multiple players I remember from high school that I never liked.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I'm not approving of the comments but every player has these thoughts about others. Sometimes it just slips out. I'm sure there are plenty of times Royce has held back on things he has wanted to say but failed to do so this time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron