Roosevelt swim team hijinks? Nasty!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
No one else has mentioned this so here goes:

IMPALED PIG FETUSES ARE A FUNNY JOKE - With Leather

You know those little balls that attach to your auto's radio antenna to make it easier to find in a crowded parking lot? Well a Des Moines, Iowa high school swim team has invented a way to make it even easier to see and smell your car:
Several members of a high school swim team were suspended after they impaled 15 car antennas with fetal pigs and smeared crawfish on hoods and windshields in their rival school's parking lot, their coach said. Roosevelt High School swim coach Steve Teter said members of his team retaliated after Dowling Catholic High School swimmers lobbed snowballs at them at an earlier meet . . . "You could smell the formaldehyde from a block away," Dowling Assistant Principal Ron Meyers said.
To be fair, you can smell formaldehyde on any block in Des Moines. Are they sure these pranksters were on the swim team? The last time a bunch of farm boys with their heads shaved played a practical joke on Catholics, they belonged to another organization.
The pigs likely were stolen from a biology lab. Roosevelt Principal Kathie Danielson said pig fetuses aren't labeled and the school doesn't keep inventory, so science teachers "can't be sure" they came from Roosevelt.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Gee, they should have instead put potatos in the tailpipes. Pig fetuses could be seen right away.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
The pigs likely were stolen from a biology lab. Roosevelt Principal Kathie Danielson said pig fetuses aren't labeled and the school doesn't keep inventory, so science teachers "can't be sure" they came from Roosevelt.

What is up with Roosevelt? EVERYONE keeps an inventory of their pig fetuses. If my kid was going there I would demand an explanation for their shoddy record keeping.

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
What is up with Roosevelt? EVERYONE keeps an inventory of their pig fetuses. If my kid was going there I would demand an explanation for their shoddy record keeping.

Good point! How can you expect to mold the young minds of the leaders of tomorrow when you can't even keep tabs on your pig fetuses?!?!?!?!

Priorities for schools:

1- Where are the pig fetuses?
2- Molding young minds, etc.

Why aren't the big shot presidential candidates addressing this important issue!?!?!

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
As the Guiness commercial goes.... "Brilliant", now that using your head. I consider this fair. If revered would it still be news?

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
hey back off roosevelt i go to roosevelt and i am ON the Swim team and it wasn't just snowballs. names threats. however it does not excuse what the few idiots did but dowling was asking for it