Roosevelt Maggitt eligibility

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
The idea that having/not having a redshirt available makes you ineligible for a medical redshirt is outrageous.

Playing one game makes you ineligible for a redshirt, but if you get hurt in your second game you lose almost an entire season, but can't take a regular redshirt. That's the whole freaking point of a medical redshirt. You don't have to miss two years. You just have to miss more than the last 75% of a season.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
I beleive that the 6th year of playing time is normally only granted when a player has missed 2 years with injuries. In cases like Maggitt where he sat out as a freshman and then later missed a 2nd year with injuries, the 6th year is usually not granted. The appeal is on a case by case basis so I guess it is possible that it could be granted.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Even if he did return I think I'd like to see Irving and Scott start over him anyways.

Uhhhhh no. Irving still has a LONG ways to go IMO to be an effective DE for us. I'm actually somewhat hoping Irving doesn't start next year and that someone else beats him out. UNLESS Irving improves a LOT in this offseason.