Ron Prince signs 5 year Exension

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
I don't K state's logic in this, they fell off the mad at the end of last year, not to mention the recruitment of all the JUCOS. what are you guy's thoughts?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hey, if K-State wants to keep paying the guy after the fanbase demands his firing at the end of the season, that's their prerogative...

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
My thoughts........
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
That does strike me as odd...maybe his role in the fan towel commercial sealed the deal.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
That is hilarious...many people thought he may get fired after this year if they didn't show improvement.

Not sure how he managed to get this....maybe he made the AD and University President run stairs.

Reactions: kingcy

tidbit

Apr 10, 2006
dallas county, iowa
From scout, K state board, I don't think so!!

Prince says no contract extension is in place
August 6, 2008 5:24 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
MANHATTAN, Kansas -- Kansas State coach Ron Prince said Wednesday that he does not have a contract extension in place with school officials.
"I know there has been dialogue since our first bowl game since 2006," Prince said. "It kind of stopped there a little bit. And there's been quite a bit dialogue here in the last year. I think whenever that time comes we'll obviously make an announcement, but I don't have anything to announce."
Prince has three seasons left on his $760,000 per season contract. He posted a 12-13 record after two seasons at KSU, including a 5-7 record last season. The Wildcats lost in the Texas Bowl to Rutgers in his first season and stumbled down the stretch, losing their last four games after starting the season 5-3.
"I want to be here and the institution feels the same," Prince said. "(Coaching mentor) Al Groh taught me that a lot of that is a distraction and a coach shouldn't be a distraction if he can. That's what I'm trying to do."

Bubba Brown Bandwagon/Kwamaine Train

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron