Ron Maly disses 2010 MBB

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
ron maly is an ant on an elephant's *** with something he thinks he is going to do to the elephant when he reaches the elephant's tail. in the marines we used to know this kind of a fellow as being a****HEAD!!!!!!

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
CW is right. No one else in the state of Iowa knows who Ron Maly is, no reason for us to advertise for him.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I like him. I remember reading his column in the DSM Register. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says. Doesn't mean he should be shaking pom-poms and writing rah rah articles like some people only want to see.

Reactions: GeronimusClone

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I like him. I remember reading his column in the DSM Register. Doesn't mean I agree with everything he says. Doesn't mean he should be shaking pom-poms and writing rah rah articles like some people only want to see.

True, but when he shakes the pom-poms and writes rah-rah articles for one institution, it kind of destroys any credibility he might have in my book.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Yep. I have never met Ron. Don't have any strong feelings towards him whatsoever. I do know though that if Iowa State fans don't like him, he really shouldn't be discussed on this board. That itself is just making him relevant.

Does that mean you will no longer be saving his original quote for March? :smile:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Take a look at his "blog". You won't like him for long unless you are a hok fan. The guy is a biased fan acting like a reporter. IMO he's a flat out jacka$$. I mean, who really could have a beef with Bill Fennely?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
All I need to know about Ron Maly....

In the late 90's he "wrote" a piece for the Register about the ISU athletic budget situation.

The article was intended to support Tom Witosky's investigation (er smear campaign) of Iowa State athletics.

Maly's article made headlines - not for what he wrote, but for how he got his information. He included information and phrases that were clearly lifted from a piece submitted by an Ames Tribune writer.

The editor of the Register dumped Maly for submitting plagiarized work.

Bingo! The guy has ZERO credibility. We have posters here with more credibility than that pathetic loser. He got into at Drake this year with Fennelly when he got into the press conference without a press pass. I think he just sits at home and posts on his blog and pretends he is still a "journalist".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron