Roku may end agreement with YouTube TV

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
We are cancelling our Mediacom service and going with Youtubetv and T-Mobile for internet. The internet modem receives the 5G signal and converts it to WiFi. The internet is $60/month and you don't have to pay for the modem. We will be missing several channels but we will probably get the Disney bundle.
Do you already have the tmobile internet? Curious about your speeds/location.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
No, this is something new. Hopefully it works! :D

My wife works from home so it better.
I got the flier in the mail too and I can get it. Curious about the speeds for the price. I'm paying more than that right now but have a fiber connection.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I got the flier in the mail too and I can get it. Curious about the speeds for the price. I'm paying more than that right now but have a fiber connection.

Speed is supposed to be 100 mps. The woman said we could hook up to 64 devices to the service. One thing I like is the modem has a battery back up so if power goes out we still have internet. Basically our laptops (on battery power) etc would still be usable.

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Anyone have a Nvidia Shield TV or TV Pro? Looking for something for travel and considering a chromecast or shield.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I would try out one of these on the old Vizio and I wouldn't be surprised if you don't buy ones for other TV's.
Chromecast with Google TV - Google Store

correct

a 35 dollar chromecast and yttv app on phone solves that, yttvv works perfect on chromecast and ur phone is now the remote

espn app does not work no matter how many lies u are told, it used to work perfect but when they switched from watch espn to espn for the app it broke, u have to chromecast from a laptop for espn or fox sports programming but even then its buggy

prime app works really good on chromecast too

chromecast is basically a dumb device, all ut does it take video from your phone and u do that by tapping the chromecast button inside the app and once u cast it will no longer play in ur app

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Surprised with some of the dislike for Roku. I got one of their sticks for my basement and new roku tv for the living room and honestly don’t have any complaints about their interface.

Also, curious what people like about YTTV? I currently have Hulu and really like it. Cheaper and also like the interface better when compared to youtube.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Surprised with some of the dislike for Roku. I got one of their sticks for my basement and new roku tv for the living room and honestly don’t have any complaints about their interface.

Also, curious what people like about YTTV? I currently have Hulu and really like it. Cheaper and also like the interface better when compared to youtube.

Having to pay extra for more storage space and use of more screens makes it more expensive than YTTV.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I have no dislike for Roku. I just like YTTV more.

Is Hulu live interface different than the regular Hulu service? I really didn't like the Hulu interface. Seemed like unless you had a show saved as a favorite it was hard to find again. I personally like the YTTV interface as it is very similar to the Dish interface I was used to before.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Having to pay extra for more storage space and use of more screens makes it more expensive than YTTV.
Wasn’t aware of that. I don’t really record much of anything other then a game here and there. Also, at most, it is just me and the wife streaming simultaneously, so not that many screens. For a bigger family and lots of DVR sounds like YTTV might be a better choice based on what you are saying.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
I have no dislike for Roku. I just like YTTV more.

Is Hulu live interface different than the regular Hulu service? I really didn't like the Hulu interface. Seemed like unless you had a show saved as a favorite it was hard to find again. I personally like the YTTV interface as it is very similar to the Dish interface I was used to before.
Yea, the interface is quite different in my opinion. I really like how easy it is to filter sports, and it shows you pretty much anything sports related that is on in a very compact way. My friend has YTTV and when we are over at his place, it is not as smooth of an experience to filter channels like that.