Rodgers or Favre?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I have both Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre on my fantasy team. I am down 18 points and my QB is the only on left to play.

Who do you think will have the better game? Rodgers or Farve? The Vikings fan in me wants to take Farve but I want to win this fantasy week and I just feel the Packers are going to ruin the Vikings perfect record tonight...

Also, for all you Farve fans. He has a chance to beat every NFL team at least once tonight. Something no other QB has done.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
The Vikings defense has the ability to shut down Ryan Grant and force Rodgers to win with his arm. The Packers IMO can't do the same to AP. However Rodgers has much better weapons in Driver and Jennings

It's a gamble either way, Rodgers has the potential to have a huge game, but momentum will certainly be on Favre's side.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
The Vikings defense has the ability to shut down Ryan Grant and force Rodgers to win with his arm. The Packers IMO can't do the same to AP. However Rodgers has much better weapons in Driver and Jennings

It's a gamble either way, Rodgers has the potential to have a huge game, but momentum will certainly be on Favre's side.

And Rodgers really hasn't done much this year for me...Makes me think he is due.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
My only fear, as a Vikings fan, is that the added adrenaline of the rivalry game puts Favre back into "gunslinger" mode, and he throws a couple of costly picks. So far this season, save for the great gunslinger drive of last game, he has managed the game well and not tried to do too much.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Favre has been getting pressured a lot this year. I agree, that AP has to win this game and Favre can not go into his "gunslinger" mode.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
My only fear, as a Vikings fan, is that the added adrenaline of the rivalry game puts Favre back into "gunslinger" mode, and he throws a couple of costly picks. So far this season, save for the great gunslinger drive of last game, he has managed the game well and not tried to do too much.

It'll be interesting to see how Favre manages himself in this one because it would be very easy to get caught up in it. I'm not sure I could maintain composure against my former team.

Very much looking forward to this game. The only thing that could make it better would be this one (the first) being in Green Bay. I hope it's a great finish regardless of who wins.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Play Rodgers. The Packers run D has been exposed already this year and AP will tear 5-8 yd gashes all day. You may get 100-200 yds out of Favre but the Packer pass D is solid and the chances Favre throws picks against Harris and Woodson is high. Inside the Redzone, AP will be the answer, not Favre.

Rodgers has been very efficient and consistent, throwing no picks yet and Jennings is just starting to get in stride with the offense. More potential for passing td's out of Rodgers. The oline is a major concern though, especially against a stout Vikings dline.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Farve will blow up tonight with 4 ints....he will try to show the GBP's that he is not washed up and force the ball.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I am a huge Favre and Vikings fan but it is an easy choice....Rodgers. Better options at WR, and the Vikings will shut down Ryan Grant.

Favre will only need to throw it 25 times tonight IMO

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I am a huge Favre and Vikings fan but it is an easy choice....Rodgers. Better options at WR, and the Vikings will shut down Ryan Grant.

Favre will only need to throw it 25 times tonight IMO

Alright Rodgers it is...

If the Vikings have to throw more than 25 times tonight, the Packers win.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Good choice on Rogers... they will be playing from behind all day (read passing the ball) and I'll be honest (as a Vikings fan)... Rogers is better than Favre. I think this matchup is set for a big day for Rogers and Peterson and the kickers.

Time will tell though.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
wow....I'm late getting to this thread so my input is more after-the-fact but I played Favre on my team (while I'm waiting for McNabb to return). My hopes prior to the game were that GB slows the AP show and Favre goes to the air which ended up being the case to the tune of 28 fantasy points.

Going into the game I had a nine point lead with Favre and Longwell to play while my opponent had AP.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
wow....I'm late getting to this thread so my input is more after-the-fact but I played Favre on my team (while I'm waiting for McNabb to return). My hopes prior to the game were that GB slows the AP show and Favre goes to the air which ended up being the case to the tune of 28 fantasy points.

Going into the game I had a nine point lead with Favre and Longwell to play while my opponent had AP.

AP has had two sub par games for him. GreenBay bottled up the Vikings running game well.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Rodgers better than Favre? Come on people! He is a solid QB with a bright future BUT 1/2 those sacks last night where his fault and he turned the ball over twice.

He even has better options at WR/TE then Favre. Check the YAC #'s for Rodgers. I bet it is tops in the league. Once again good QB but no Favre

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Rodgers better than Favre? Come on people! He is a solid QB with a bright future BUT 1/2 those sacks last night where his fault and he turned the ball over twice.

He even has better options at WR/TE then Favre. Check the YAC #'s for Rodgers. I bet it is tops in the league. Once again good QB but no Favre

I think if you flipped the two quarterbacks it would have been a blowout. If Favre had had that bad of protection he would have been gun slingin the night away, and the Vikes would have shut down Green Bay.

By the way with all of your defense of the Silver Fox this morning, you make Paul Allen sound like a non-biased 3rd party.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think if you flipped the two quarterbacks it would have been a blowout. If Favre had had that bad of protection he would have been gun slingin the night away, and the Vikes would have shut down Green Bay.

By the way with all of your defense of the Silver Fox this morning, you make Paul Allen sound like a non-biased 3rd party.

As it was, until the 4th quarter - the game was headed to blow-out stage. The Vikes offense went into sleep mode with the play calling and the D (which Favre has no control over) gave up some silly plays.

At any rate - I don't get the purpose of "if the QBs were flipped the game would be..." stuff. The Vikings won. Favre had a fantastic game. Rodgers played ok but did hold onto the ball a bit too long at times, which was made to look worse by the great rush the Vikings were getting.