Ripped off on NCAA Men's Regional - Kansas City

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Bought tickets for the men's regional in Kansas City on November 1st in the hopes that Iowa State would play there in the Sweet 16 and if not, I figured I could gouge some Kansas fans and sell them on StubHub. I still haven't received them yet and figured they would send them out closer to March Madness. Tickets were purchased through the NCAA website and the site that handles the Sprint Center's tickets is AXS. I called yesterday and they informed me that they were shipped December 13th and that if I haven't received them yet I should contact my post office. They said they don't provide delivery confirmation or require signatures upon delivery. They said they cannot reprint tickets or send me e-tickets to replace them. Kept repeatedly telling me that would be against their policy. The representative wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor either. I called to dispute the charge with my credit card company and am waiting for their response.

I'm wondering if anyone else ordered tickets for the regional and if they have received them or had issues. I looked and AXS has an F rating with the BBB. I figured since the NCAA redirected me there and because they handle tickets for the Spring Center I wouldn't have any issues.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
My brother in law bought these tickets as well and did get them. However, he lives in an apartment complex and the delivery driver just slid them under the door. Typically deliveries go to the office at his complex.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Bought tickets for the men's regional in Kansas City on November 1st in the hopes that Iowa State would play there in the Sweet 16 and if not, I figured I could gouge some Kansas fans and sell them on StubHub. I still haven't received them yet and figured they would send them out closer to March Madness. Tickets were purchased through the NCAA website and the site that handles the Sprint Center's tickets is AXS. I called yesterday and they informed me that they were shipped December 13th and that if I haven't received them yet I should contact my post office. They said they don't provide delivery confirmation or require signatures upon delivery. They said they cannot reprint tickets or send me e-tickets to replace them. Kept repeatedly telling me that would be against their policy. The representative wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor either. I called to dispute the charge with my credit card company and am waiting for their response.

I'm wondering if anyone else ordered tickets for the regional and if they have received them or had issues. I looked and AXS has an F rating with the BBB. I figured since the NCAA redirected me there and because they handle tickets for the Spring Center I wouldn't have any issues.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thats pretty BS if true. They should be able to get you new tickets and invalidate the previous ones. We lost one of our tickets right before the 2014 Big 12 Championship game, and we simply walked up to the ticket office, told them we lost one, and they reprinted us all new tickets (I think we needed to show them an ID and the credit card used to purchase). Regardless, you have no control over the delivery of the tickets and AXS does. Im not sure I would of given up until they let me talk to a supervisor...

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Im not sure I would of given up until they let me talk to a supervisor...

I was on the phone for 37 minutes. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he put me on hold and said he was told to tell me I couldn't speak with one right now and if I wanted, they would work to contact me at a later date.

They also originally said they could send me e-tickets, he put me on hold, came back about 5 minutes later and said actually he couldn't send me e-tickets. Said it was against their policy and the Sprint Center's policy. I'm going to call back today and try to talk to someone else.

Reactions: riceville98

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I think you should drive down to KC, ask them at the office for a paper copy of their "policies", ask for a supervisor, and then pummel him with over the head with their policies.

Then again, being your brother (and also on the out for tickets with them) I may be a little too close to the situation. I just can't fathom a company taking your money ($500 worth no less), claim to send you the item without any tracking number/signature/etc, and then refuse to replace the item/give a refund/or even let you speak to somebody in charge.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I was on the phone for 37 minutes. I asked to talk to a supervisor and he put me on hold and said he was told to tell me I couldn't speak with one right now and if I wanted, they would work to contact me at a later date.

They also originally said they could send me e-tickets, he put me on hold, came back about 5 minutes later and said actually he couldn't send me e-tickets. Said it was against their policy and the Sprint Center's policy. I'm going to call back today and try to talk to someone else.

Thats nothing! I've spent over an hour on the phone disputing DirecTV and getting large credits because of the time they cost me.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
1) I know you said that they don't provide delivery confirmation, but did they use some kind of service that can be tracked?

2) Did they tell you how they were going to ship when you bought the tickets?

3) Did they give you any options to ship with a tracked service?

4) Even more basic, do they have your correct address on file?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sorry OP - that's pretty crappy. Surprised its so hard to reprint the tickets....

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
1) I know you said that they don't provide delivery confirmation, but did they use some kind of service that can be tracked?

2) Did they tell you how they were going to ship when you bought the tickets?

3) Did they give you any options to ship with a tracked service?

4) Even more basic, do they have your correct address on file?

They said they don't pay for tracking or delivery confirmation. It's just sent with standard mail.

It just said standard ground delivery. (Even if the Pony Express were delivering it it would be here by now)

No options to ship any other way.

They confirmed my address last night.

...I am stalking StubHub so I can see if some thief is trying to sell my tickets.

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
Sorry OP - that's pretty crappy. Surprised its so hard to reprint the tickets....
My neighbor has Cubs season tickets. Said when he renews them they tell them that if they don't receive them by a certain date to call them and they void the original tickets and send out a new book with all 81 tickets. AXS said they have the ability to but it's against their policy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My neighbor has Cubs season tickets. Said when he renews them they tell them that if they don't receive them by a certain date to call them and they void the original tickets and send out a new book with all 81 tickets. AXS said they have the ability to but it's against their policy.

Against their policy of making sure to not provide conveniences to customers?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
They said they don't pay for tracking or delivery confirmation. It's just sent with standard mail.

It just said standard ground delivery. (Even if the Pony Express were delivering it it would be here by now)

No options to ship any other way.

This should give you a pretty good case with your CC company (i.e. no other delivery options, no way to prove delivery, no means to replace a lost order), although unfortunately, you probably did agree to some "fine print" somewhere during the order process that absolves them of any responsibility once the tickets are put in the mail...

I don't understand why they don't give a tracking option for shipment (and they aren't the only ones who do this). For under $3.00, you can ship USPS First Class Parcel and at least get a tracking number.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My blood pressure just went up reading this thread. I'm mad for you, OP.

In my experience, I'd just keep calling until you get a rep who is willing to work with you. It's amazing the difference in results you receive depending on whom you talk to.

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
My credit card company said that they are positive they can get my money back by filing a dispute since I didn't sign anything and AXS can't prove that they delivered them. So it looks like I will get my money back, but I would rather have the tickets I paid $505 for.

Talked to AXS again, this time they said it's the Sprint Center's policy to not reissue tickets if they were lost or not delivered. They said they would, but the Sprint Center doesn't allow it. I've tried calling the Sprint Center box office today 3x and it has sent me to voicemail each time.

I am about to lose my mind. I've had some bad customer service experiences before (I've been a Mediacom customer about half my life) but nothing even close to this bad.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Talked to AXS again, this time they said it's the Sprint Center's policy to not reissue tickets if they were lost or not delivered. They said they would, but the Sprint Center doesn't allow it. I've tried calling the Sprint Center box office today 3x and it has sent me to voicemail each time.

I am about to lose my mind. I've had some bad customer service experiences before (I've been a Mediacom customer about half my life) but nothing even close to this bad.

Does the NCAA have some kind of customer complaint resolution mechanism? Ultimately this is their tournament. Not that you would have any better success with them...

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Last year we bought the Fan Experience tickets through PrimeSport and they shipped them overnight (which we were required to pay for) and I believe a signature was required.

When you are talking the type of money these things are worth why are they using standard mail with no signature to send? Especially when they can just pass that expense onto the buyer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron