Right to search my bag?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The warrant requirement, in particular, is unsuited to the school environment . . . [T]he legality of a search of a student should depend simply on the reasonableness, under all the circumstances, of the search . . . Such a search will be permissible in its scope when the measures adopted are reasonably related to the objectives of the search and not excessively intrusive in light of the age and sex of the student and the nature of the infraction. " —Justice Byron White, speaking for the majority

I assumed stormchaser was a student.

Listen, Mr. Kansas Lawdog. Law don't go around here.

Wow, this explains a lot.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
The janitor was a former UPS employee and saw your thread. That's why she gave you a hard time.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
This is going a lot longer than I intended...All I wanted was a simple yes or no
magic-8-ball.jpg

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Or be better at it.

This. It's pretty ******* easy, especially now that the weather is getting cold. I got stuff into Carver and Kinnick all the time by stuffing it in a Nike drawstring bag and wearing it under my winter coat.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
This. It's pretty ******* easy, especially now that the weather is getting cold. I got stuff into Carver and Kinnick all the time by stuffing it in a Nike drawstring bag and wearing it under my winter coat.

Wait a minute, what happened to all the free pizza, ice cream, bobble-heads they were giving away?

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
So I'm wondering if the school/janitor has the right to look in such bags. I don't believe they do. I'm pretty sure I can refuse her request. Am I correct?

Oh and this woman yelled at a 10 year old girl for eating ONE fruit snack in the gym. She had like 3 more in her hand and she told her to leave the gym.

Rules is rules.

If you don't like the rules in a certain place, you have every right not to go there.

Or better yet, you spend a day cleaning up with the janitor and see how long it takes you to start screaming at the top of your lungs at people who think their right to make a mess is greater than your right to ask them not to.

In other words, your rights end where others' rights begin.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

Whew... I was really hoping you weren't going to end that sentence with "keistering it"....

Thanks for that.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
Love that CF can take a completely worthless thread and breathe life into it, with or without Erin Andrews. Now about that plane on a treadmill...

Help Support Us

Become a patron